Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm in no way a polycom expert at all so I'm a little lost for the woods right now.

My client recently bought a pair of brand new soundstation ip 6000s that came with UCS 3.3 version on them. Not compatible with the system I'm running so I'm 'tyring' to upgrade them and not having much luck.

I have a little ftp server set up with filezilla and am trying to provision the devices.

The bootrom 4.40.0 upgrader didn't work at all (incompatible despite being the updater from the list of items from the ip6000 page), but we managed to get 4.3.1 bootrom to finally load.

So small, unexpected step forward there... but now the phone won't finish downloading the sip.ld for 4.0.9 it gets to about 75% and just stops trying. Turning the retry attempts up just makes the phone start again from scratch rather than finish the download.

I have followed every step verbatim in:

June, 2010 -Technical Bulletin 60519
and Engineering Advisory 64731
Neither of these guides- which detail just tossing the files in and it will all go without a hitch-, have any notes about this error.
I've checked extensively in the forum and found mention on a previous thread:
updater 4.3.0 (even though I'm on 4.3.1) with the .cfg file, but trying the trick recommended there hasn't fixed it either.

I have tried using the 'split' pack for 4.0.9 to see if the phone will download that, but it says it is not compatible.
So my query is how can I get the phone to finish downloading the sip.ld file?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

So I ended up rolling the phones back to bootrom 4.2 and installing the sip.ld from 3.3.5 which allowed them to provision, and it seems the version was high enough to use.

Just in case anyone else finds themselves in the same situation in the future where they've followed the suggested guides and it hasn't worked.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello kristy.childs,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The same topic has been disucssed on multiple occassions as an example for the same concept => here <= as the IP7000 utilizes the same method.

In order to upgrade an SSIP6000 you will need to download the compatible UCS Version and in addition the BootROM 4.4.0 B Upgrader.

This is described in detail within theEngineering Advisory 64731 Polycom® UC Software 4.0.0: Upgrade and Downgrade Methods when you try and download the Software and you must acknowledge before being able to download it.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

So I ended up rolling the phones back to bootrom 4.2 and installing the sip.ld from 3.3.5 which allowed them to provision, and it seems the version was high enough to use.

Just in case anyone else finds themselves in the same situation in the future where they've followed the suggested guides and it hasn't worked.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.