Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm trying to configure my Polycom IP7000 to search the Corporate LDAP directory via the dir.corp settings.  My LDAP server allows on-net queries that return the basic info with needing to supply user credentials and I'd actually prefer to setup the Polycom to perform the LDAP query without needing to supply any user credentials.  However, it appears when you leave the dir.corp.user field blank, the device still builds the binding DN string with a blank CN= at the start.

My Polycom IP7000 is running version 4.0.8 rev C.  I know that's not the newest but I didn't see anything in the release notes about this being fixed. 

Anybody run across this or have any ideas on how to configure the IP7000 to exclude the user name?  I plan to upgrade (as a test) to the newest 4.0.10 rev D release soon but doubt it will fix this issue.

-Sam

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello ,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

In regards to something being fixed. This can only happen when someone actually reports this as broken in the first place.

Our LDAP design supports:

• Microsoft Active Directory 2003 or 2008
• SUN ONE Directory Server 5.2 p6
• OPEN LDAP 2.4.12
• Microsoft ADAM (Active Directory Application Mode) 1.0 SP1

Is the LDAP that you utilize one of the above?

It may simply be that our design requires the usage of a Username and Password.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We are using Open LDAP but specifically don't support authentication.   It appears the design of the Polycom software doesn't support a non-authenicated configuration.   I'll have to open a support ticket unless you have other suggestions.

Thanks,

Sam

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.