Occasional Contributor
Laurent38

Lync contact with CX500 CX600 ip phone

I 'm using polycom CX500 or CX600 phone with Lync 2010

When creating  new contact in Outlook ( with several phone numbers and email address) and then adding this contact as Lync contact, I can see  this contact both in lync client and in polycom phone BUT:

-in Lync Client , I can select on the contact which field I want to use ( phone numbers ). fine.

-in CX500/600, when selected "contacts" I see the added contact but I can't choose different fields: only the email address is displaying and I can only "call  the email address"... bad! :) ...

If the contact comes from the exchange address book, I can choose fields on both (lync client an polycom) .fine.

If the external contact has no email address and a phone number, only phone number is displaying on polycom (not the contact name) and I can call this contact.

Does someone had the same behaviour?

I just updated the polycom with the last UC4 lync upgrade. 

thanks for your help,

Laurent

Polycom Employee & Moderator
SteffenBaierUK

Re: Lync contact with CX500 CX600 ip phone

Hello Laurent38,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As far as I am aware LYNC will only display the LYNC contact list and the LYNC address book entries from the Exchange and not the personal Outlook Contacts.

You should liaise with Microsoft on this issue.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

Above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

Please ensure to always check the VoIP FAQ, Video Endpoint FAQ , PSTN FAQ or RPM FAQ

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" and feel free to give me Kudos.
Polycom Employee
jschertz

Re: Lync contact with CX500 CX600 ip phone

The CX500 will not show any Outlook-only contacts as that device does not support Exchange integration.  But a CX600 with cached user credentials from an initial USB-tethered logging process will access the mailbox features, including Outlook Contacts.

The Contacts menu in Lync Phone Edition will only display the objects added to the user's contact list in Lync, but the Search menu option will return results for Outlook contacts.  So for Outlook contact access it's only via search and not browsing.

-
Jeff Schertz - Microsoft Solutions Architect [Blog]