Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi folks-   definitely want to give kudos to the Polycom team for whatever magic is in the 4.0.9 firmware!

For several months we had been dealing with an issue with our Polycom 650s.   When attempting to transfer a call, it would frequently hang up on the caller--  definitely not good.   This issue occurred a few times a week, so it caused quite a few problems when occasionally it would hang up on an important customer or VIP.

The phones were on 4.0.8 Rev C.  It was only a month ago that I noticed 4.0.9 came out.  I installed 4.0.9 on all the phones, and the hangup-on-transfer problem immediately vanished!   It has not occurred for an entire month now, so it does appear that 4.0.9 has fixed it.

The weird thing is:  reading through the 4.0.9 release notes, I don't even see anything like this mentioned in the fixes.  I wonder if there may have been other changes made which just weren't mentioned in the notes.

Either way, I hope someone will pass along this great news & gratitude to the developers.  You have solved a crucial problem that was affecting our business, and saved me much time trying to work around the problem myself.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.