Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am using SoundPoint 501 phone with asterisk and trixbox server.

I am having problems syncing with dhcp(even though dhcp date/time are correct). Also how do I find out which router it is trying to sync with? we have multiple dhcp servers.

I want to either manually input(override dhcp settings) date/time into each phone. Or sync it with ntp.conf file. But I need a correct ntp.conf file and instruction on how to restart the service.

I tried using the web interface, didnt work, i tried to change the ntp.conf, didnt work, I tried to manually change in phone menu, didnt work.

here is my ntp.conf:

restrict default nomodify notrap noquery
restrict 127.0.0.1
server 0.us.pool.ntp.orgserver 1.us.pool.ntp.orgserver 2.us.pool.ntp.orgserver 3.us.pool.ntp.org
fudge   127.127.1.0 stratum 10
driftfile /etc/ntp/drift

here is my dhcpd.conf

lease-file-name "/etc/dhcpd.leases";

ddns-update-style interim;ignore client-updates;
subnet 192.168.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
# --- default gateway

option routers192.168.1.1;

option subnet-mask255.255.255.0;

option tftp-server-name"192.168.1.5";
option nis-domain"domain.org";

option domain-name"domain.org";

option domain-name-servers192.168.1.5;
#option time-offset              -25500;# PacificDaylight Time

option time-offset-28800;# Pacific Standard Time

option ntp-servers192.168.1.5;

#option netbios-name-servers192.168.1.1;

# --- Selects point-to-point node (default is hybrid). Don't change this unless

# -- you understand Netbios very well#option netbios-node-type 2;

range dynamic-bootp 192.168.1.128 192.168.1.254;

default-lease-time 21600;

max-lease-time 43200;

}
# we want the nameserver to appear at a fixed address

#host ns {#next-server marvin.redhat.com;

#hardware ethernet 12:34:56:78:AB:CD;

#fixed-address 207.175.42.254;

#}

#}

Here is my phone:

as

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello spbendale,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Usually we encourage new Users to utilize the Search Facility as other forums do too.

The Problem you are describing does not sound Polycom related as you seem to have multiple DHCP Servers issuing IP Addresses and other DHCP Parameters in your Network.

The 1st step should be to contact the Network Administrator and check with them via a Wireshark Trace what VLan your Phone is in and what DHCP Server is communicating with it to ensure that the Phone will only connect to the relevant Server.

This is a task you will need to sort out on your end.

You could also manually configure each Phone with a fixed IP Address but I would not recommend this activity.

Getting back to your original query, as I am not aware what SIP Version your Phone I is running,

I recommend to check => here <= to download the latest Software.

The SPIP501 Phones can only run SIP 3.1.x and the latest Version currently is 3.1.7. Also Upgrade the BootRom to the latest available Version at the same time.

A post discussing Linux DHCP Options can be found => here <= but I recommend to use a Search Engine for Linux related issues if you are after more details.

A post discussing DHCP Options can be found => here <=

A post discussing settings fixed Device Settings can be found => here <=

Please be aware that changes made via the Phones GUI have priority over changes made via the Web Interface. Both overwrite settings made via a provisioning configuration file.

I would strongly recommend that your read the SIP 3.1 Admin Guide => here <= and also check the Feature Descriptions & Technical Notifications.

If you are still struggling with your Solution and are using it in a professional setup I would advise to contact your Polycom Reseller and/or Polycom support as they can offer you professional solutions in order to get this setup up and running.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.