Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

After doing a local config reset (1,3,5,7)  I get “uploading log file” then it reboots again and goes into an infinite loop “waiting for network to initialize” > loading application > could not connect to boot server, using local config> running “sip.id” > brings up the IP address > config file error x40200

I even changed the DHCP boot server option to Option 66 vs option 66 + custom, then reboot and it just sits in ‘waiting for network to initialize” > goes through same loop.

I think the 1,3,5 and 7 just resets local .config..is there a way to do a hard reset without accessing the menu (since I cannot access the phone menu at any time) ?

Is there a way to do a hard reset, since I never get to the acutal menu of the phone.

Anything you can do to help would be awesome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Pamini,

Polycom does currently not offer end users the ability to directly provision their phone from a dedicated server.

Only Support Customers will be provided with this.

The new UCS 4.0.0 Software allows the Phone to download a new Software via the Web Interface.

A provisioning server for example can be a Filezilla FTP Server and this is all described in the FAQ.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Pamini,

we encourage all users to utilize the search function as it could have found you these posts => here <=

Point the phone to a Provisioning Server holding the SIP or UCS Software and let it load it's Software.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I cannot access the web interface, how can I "Point the phone to a Provisioning Server holding the SIP or UCS Software and let it load it's Software"?

HP Recommended

Pamini,

the Phone will reboot and offer you a 10 second countdown. Press the Setup Softkey, add your Password and access the Network Menu and setup the Server Address.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

is there a general server I can point to that will download hte update automatically from Polycom?

HP Recommended

Hello Pamini,

Polycom does currently not offer end users the ability to directly provision their phone from a dedicated server.

Only Support Customers will be provided with this.

The new UCS 4.0.0 Software allows the Phone to download a new Software via the Web Interface.

A provisioning server for example can be a Filezilla FTP Server and this is all described in the FAQ.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.