Occasional Visitor
emnew

Polycom 330 & 550-- Can't Reset to Factory Defaults

Hi there!

I have a bunch of used Polycom 330 & 550 phones. The advanced settings password has been changed, so I need to reset each phone to its factory defaults before I can use it.

Except that without the advanced settings password, none of the instructions I've seen will help me, including the FAQ section of this web site (unless I'm missing something).

I called Polycom but they said that I would have to pay hundreds of dollars to have them help me with each phone, so that's not really possible.

Please help me figure this out, otherwise this whole fleet of phones is useless!

Thanks a lot! :-)

Polycom Employee & Moderator
SteffenBaierUK

Re: Polycom 330 & 550-- Can't Reset to Factory Defaults

Hello emnew,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We do not disclose in public how to reset the Phones if the Admin Password is lost.

Many of our partners utilize these phones and offer services so we cannot publicly disclose the procedure to do so.

You already contacted our support team and via the PPI fee quoted you can get the information on how to do so.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

Above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

Please ensure to always check the VoIP FAQ, Video Endpoint FAQ , PSTN FAQ or RPM FAQ

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" and feel free to give me Kudos.
Advisor
vokocomm

[ Edited ]

REMOVED BY MOD

we do not publicly release how the unit is being reset in order to protect our customers investment. Please do not post this again or I will have to ban you from this community.

Occasional Visitor
ChantellJC

I have reviewed all the manuals and contacted the 1-800 Customer Support number.  These are brand new phones and I made an error in provisioning, please help me to reset the factory restore.  I understand it cannot be posted, but please provide a person or location I can contact in order to complete this task and use my phone.

Thank you.

Chantell

Polycom Employee & Moderator
SteffenBaierUK

Hello ChantellJC,

if you have purchased a Polycom Phone your Polycom Reseller is the relevant support contact for you.

Please raise this via your Reseller and they will be able to work with Polycom Support directly.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

Above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

Please ensure to always check the VoIP FAQ, Video Endpoint FAQ , PSTN FAQ or RPM FAQ

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" and feel free to give me Kudos.