Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polycom Hosted Server

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Polycom Hosted Server

Hi All,

We are looking to provide a group of VVX handsets access to the 'Polycom Hosted Server'  via the internet. As this is a private network and we need to setup a few FW rules. Are you able to provide the destination of the 'Polycom Hosted Server'  and what ports this service uses to downloaded the firmware to the phone?

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom Hosted Server

Hello Byles_B,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Usually we use Port 80 for HTTP and port 443 for HTTPS

There are multiple destinations as this is hosted on the Amazon cloud.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 7
Occasional Contributor

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for the response.

Can you confirm the best destination address for us to use whethers it's IP or a hostname.

Thanks

Message 3 of 7

Hello Byles_B,

The destination "downloads.polycom.com/voice/software/<part-number.xml" is a hostname and you can get the IP's using tracert or similar.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 7
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for that. Do we need to be specific on the destination or can we use downloads.polycom.com which resolves to 140.242.65.96.

Essentialls we just need the phone to be able to lookup the Polycom Hosted Server and the available firmware files which can then be downloaded.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 7
Occasional Contributor

Hi Polycom,

Any further response to my previous post ?

Thanks

Message 6 of 7

Hello Byles_B,

we already replied with the information we are able to share.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

Message 7 of 7