Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello!

I'm trying setup a phone (Polycom SoundPoint IP 550 v4.0.X) to do dual registration with voIpProt.server.# instead of reg. as voIp should be for all lines on a phone.  I've got the template files on the server and the phone is being sent those files; but I'm having trouble configuring my xml with valid information.

Does anyone have a working example using voIpProt to two different registration servers they can post?  Or is there a guide that articulates what every setting does?  ( http://support.polycom.com/global/documents/support/technical/products/voice/Configuring_Optional.pd... illustrates what some but not all of the options do or a working example.  Thank you in advance,

Robert

<server voIpProt.server.1.address="" voIpProt.server.1.port="" voIpProt.server.1.transport="DNSnaptr" voIpProt.server.1.expires="" voIpProt.server.1.expires.overlap="" voIpProt.server.1.register="1" voIpProt.server.1.retryTimeOut="0" voIpProt.server.1.retryMaxCount="0" voIpProt.server.1.expires.lineSeize="30" voIpProt.server.1.lcs="" voIpProt.server.1.failOver.reRegisterOn="" voIpProt.server.1.failOver.failRegistrationOn="" voIpProt.server.1.failOver.failBack.mode="" voIpProt.server.1.failOver.failBack.timeout="" voIpProt.server.2.address="" voIpProt.server.2.port="" voIpProt.server.2.transport="DNSnaptr" voIpProt.server.2.expires="" voIpProt.server.2.expires.overlap="" voIpProt.server.2.register="1" voIpProt.server.2.retryTimeOut="0" voIpProt.server.2.retryMaxCount="0" voIpProt.server.2.expires.lineSeize="30" voIpProt.server.2.lcs="" voIpProt.server.2.failOver.reRegisterOn="" voIpProt.server.2.failOver.failRegistrationOn="" voIpProt.server.2.failOver.failBack.mode="" voIpProt.server.2.failOver.failBack.timeout="" voIpProt.server.dhcp.available="" voIpProt.server.dhcp.option="" voIpProt.server.dhcp.type="" voIpProt.server.H323.1.address="" voIpProt.server.H323.1.port="" voIpProt.server.H323.1.expires=""></server>

<outboundProxy voIpProt.SIP.outboundProxy.address="" voIpProt.SIP.outboundProxy.port="5060" voIpProt.SIP.outboundProxy.transport="DNSnaptr" voIpProt.SIP.outboundProxy.failOver.reRegisterOn="" voIpProt.SIP.outboundProxy.failOver.failRegistrationOn="" voIpProt.SIP.outboundProxy.failOver.failBack.mode="" voIpProt.SIP.outboundProxy.failOver.failBack.timeout="" />

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Robert,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Maybe it helps if you let us know what you are actually trying to archive with the config.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I'm trying to get my AudioCodes Mediant 1000 device to accept polycom phone registrations and pass them off to my IP PBX in a redundant method so the end users can continue to act in an uninterrupted way in the event of a failure.

Use cases:
SIPX(IP PBX) is working and AudioCodes is working: Phones are or can register to both, and by default all calls go through SIPX.

SIPX is not working(or unreachable) and AudioCodes is working: Phones register or are already registered with Audio Codes and calls are routed through AudioCodes and into a PSTN.  Hopefully making this as seemless as possible for end users.

SIPX is working and AudioCodes is not working: Phones register with SIPX and are routed through SIPX.  Monitoring software alerts us AudioCodes is having trouble.  Users are unaware of the failure.

SIPX is not working and Audio Codes is not working: End users angrly storm the IT data center with torches and pitchforks demanding our unconditional surrender.  I update my resume.

HP Recommended

Bump.

Is what I'm trying to do strange enough that no one else has done it before?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.