Occasional Visitor
schust

Polycom Soundpoint IP 335

What ports need to be opened on the firewall for this phone to work. A new contractor has brought this phone with him and would like it to be accessilble. So it powers up and looks good, however it can't dial out. Assuming the port is blocked. Would there be any other configuration needed besides the port in the firewall?

Again right now I need the port numbers to open up for this phone, dont know what else would be needed to make this phone work.

thanks.

Occasional Visitor
schust

Re: Polycom Soundpoint IP 335

Also, the Line Status info shows

Line 1: xxx-xxx-xxxx (not registered)

virtualpbx.net (not registered)

I assume because it can't connect. dont know if there is some configuration needed.

Polycom Employee & Moderator
SteffenBaierUK

Re: Polycom Soundpoint IP 335

Hello schust,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I am unsure what SOftware you are currently running but the UCS 4.0.1 Admin Guide or newer that can be found => here <= shows the ports in the Table 11-3: Ports used by Polycom Phones.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

Above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

Please ensure to always check the VoIP FAQ, Video Endpoint FAQ , PSTN FAQ or RPM FAQ

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" and feel free to give me Kudos.