Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello-

I have had an issue with one of our customers Their VVX Phone has started booting up to a screen that says "File system error Version mismatch" with a fix button. Pressing the fix button does not help. I have tried Factory reset, Taking them off of DHCP (Programming static IPs) Changing DHCP options but I can now not get the phones to communicate to the configuration Server (PBX) now either.

I have attached a pictuire of the phone error message.

Anybody have any suggestions for this issue?

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello goneworking,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The only reference I can find to this is for a VVX500/600 with their Touchscreen firmware.

As this is not applicable to the VVX300 I can only advise you to raise this via your Polycom reseller so we can identify and track this via our support infrastructure.

What Software version was this phone running and have you tried to point it back to a provisioning server with a later / latest software yet?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We are the reseller. Phones are apparently OOW.

Here is the other interesting thing here. We have been trying to factory reset the phones using 1,3 and 5 keys held down and they do not respond. They just boot to the screen as mentioned before. 

Any ideas what is going on with these phones?

HP Recommended

Hello goneworking,

can you provide me with a MAC of this phone so I can check this internally and work with the product manager ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I am having the exact same issue with a VVX-310. I had purchased 31 phones and provisioned them all with FreePBX and this was the only one doing that. I was just about to RMA it back to the vendor but I will provide the MAC a little later in hopoes you may have some insite on this.

HP Recommended

The MAC is: 0004F28CF112

HP Recommended

Hi all,

I am experiencing this issue on 300, 310, 400 and 410's.

Seeing it across different customers (most have only one phone doing this).

I have one in my lab and I suspect the issue is either faulty flash memory or a bad CMOS battery.

Wanting to confirm so I can RMA them without penalty.

I am working with my distributor, but not getting very far.  Would like to see if anyone has experienced this as well and if there is a fix or a known problem.

Here is the description:

The phone is in a working state - everything looks normal.
After a power cycle, the phone comes up to: "File system error: Version Mismatch" The only option is- to press "Fix". I am guessing this performs a file system format as the provisioning data is erased. The only provisioning data we use is; Boot server =static, Server type = HTTP and server address = our URL. Once it comes back (after pressing "Fix"), you load the provisioning data and it boots into service. If you cycle the power again, it goes back to the error and everything is erased. It is almost like the CMOS battery is dead or something. The other thing I notice in the app-log file is:

1224115704|hw |4|00|hwStore: Could not erase sector 22.

1224115704|so |4|00|SoNcasC::saveMwiInfoRequest Failed writing- flash parameters

1224115718|cfg |4|00|RT|cfgReadAnyConfigFromFlash: Data length is invalid- (0xffffffff bytes).

1224115718|cfg |4|00|RT|cfgReadAnyConfigFromFlash: error reading config,- using defaults

This is happening on about 7~9 phones (300/400/410) out of all VVX's deployed to date. I have loaded multiple firmware to it and the same problem occurs, so it would appear to be a hardware issue.

Thanks,

Pete

HP Recommended

Hello piratepete,

Would you by any chance have one phone where the FIX button was not pressed or could you make your users aware to not press it?

We need to RMA these phones to find the root cause.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi,

We have a VVX 1500 and VVX 600that have the same issue. They VVX 1500 has the error

0209183744|hw   |4|03|hwStore: Could not erase sector 137.
0209183744|so   |4|03|SoNcasC::saveMwiInfoRequest - Failed writing flash parameters
0209183744|cfg  |4|03|RT|cfgReadAnyConfigFromFlash: Data length is invalid (0xefffffff bytes).

The 600 is similar but a different sector.

They will reboot constantly for anout an hour before finally starting up.

Is there any fix for this or are the phones faulty?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello attend2it_andy,

Please ensure you are raising this via your Polycom reseller so Polycom support can get involved.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.