Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hi all.

We are a GP surgery employing 25 staff and covering 10,000 patients, and I am thinking of upgrading our current traditional Toshiba Strata CTX system to a Polycom VVX 410 system handled through Horizon cloud hosting

The Strata system, though old and a pain to alter anything, can be quite powerful and is very reliable so I need to make sure there isn't too much downgrading in the upgrade to keep up staff morale! One thing the Toshiba system handsets did well which the reception use all the time was the Unavailable mode that made them unavailable to incoming external calls distributed via a circular hunt group from the Autoattendant but still available to internal calls. Helpful if they have a task that they need to concentrate on without being bombarded by patient calls but still available to deal with internal issues, or are just leaving the desk for a short period without the faff of logging out and in again.

On Polycom phones it appears you are either available to all calls (can't specifically block one patient number!) or Do not Disturb unavailable to everything apart from emergency pages. This may impact somewhat on Reception efficiency.

The only way I can see of reproducing Toshiba's Unavailable status is by giving each Receptionist an admin login to the web portal and laboriously removing from and reinstating into the Hunt Group each time, hoping you don't muck up the order!

Anything I am missing? Could you have a different extension without having to have 2 physical lines for the same VVX handset in the logged in or logged out status (so only part of the Hunt Group when logged in)?

Or could you have 2 separate extensions mapped to two different line keys, putting the one within the hunt group to Do Not Disturb when needed, leaving the other to take internal calls. If so would you need two physical lines?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello WillMedic,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

This completely depends on the PABX or SIP system you are using.

There may be a star code or something similar to dial to opt in / out but you need to talk to your provider about this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.