Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

We have multiple location for which require a common area phone for a response group in LYNC 2013. This works as long as the phone is in available status. However after 15 min the phone goes to unavailable. I have changed the Idle timer in the phone to disable for office hours and off hours. That work mostly accept for when the phone reboots which kills the internal idle settings. Performing these settings is to advanced for most of my users.

So I need to find out what the config settings are to force set the config for that phopne to always available. I have the config file for the phone I just need the commands.

Version 5.4.0

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rob

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Rob,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The Phones presence time can be manipulated via the Preferences > Presence > Presence States but the maximum amount is 600 minutes for Business hours or outside business hours.

The presence Feature is a Microsoft LYNC functionality and you would need to work with Microsoft if you would like to disable this for a specific account.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I believe now the fix is in changing the master config for all phones. In our case what worked was to disable the office and off hours in the presense settings.

<pres pres.idleTimeout.officeHours.enabled="0"
pres.idleTimeout.offHours.enabled="0" />

That seems to have kept the phone available.

With this and enabling a user account in exchange will allow a "Common Area" Phone to be used in a response group. The issue was that the phone would go in to unavailable and response group calls would not ring the phone. Versus a direct call will always ring unless signed out.

Rob Gaul

Pierce College

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.