Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Polycom community,

I have been working on an issue with our Polycoms, being able to do call pickups.

My phone is 

Phone Model VVX 500 Part Number 3111-44500-001 Rev:A MAC Address 00:04:F2:DC:E4:48 IP Address 192.168.1.132 UC Software Version 5.4.2.2834 Updater Version 5.6.2.2542

and I've been provisioning BLFs on it without an issue. My only issue is that I cannot prerform call pickups.

Believe me, I've read the existing answers. But we don't use *8 for call pickups , we use ** and this is not working for the polycoms.

I've been using all.directedCallPickupMethod=\"legacy\" call.directedCallPickupString=\"**\". I've not found any help with this issue online so am resorting to asking yourselves. Do you have any idea what's going on?

Here's my config for the attendant console, which is working well apart from the call pickup.

attendant.resourceList.1.address="sip:12349*733@blah.net.sip.someotherstuff.co.uk"
attendant.resourceList.1.label="Jim"
attendant.resourceList.1.type="normal"

Many thanks, Joe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Joe,

again I can only hghlight the existence of the Community FAQ.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Nov 4, 2011 Question: How can I setup a Busy Lamp Field / BLF with an Digium Asterisk SIP Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

The above shows various examples. These should enable you to utilize Wireshark to check the signalling or utilize the phone logs.

The VVX500 in this case was sold via Siphon Networks Ltd back in 12/11/2015 so contacting them for Tier 1 support would be the next step if the above FAQ does not help you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Joe,

again I can only hghlight the existence of the Community FAQ.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Nov 4, 2011 Question: How can I setup a Busy Lamp Field / BLF with an Digium Asterisk SIP Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

The above shows various examples. These should enable you to utilize Wireshark to check the signalling or utilize the phone logs.

The VVX500 in this case was sold via Siphon Networks Ltd back in 12/11/2015 so contacting them for Tier 1 support would be the next step if the above FAQ does not help you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank for your reply, 

I haven't been able to use the short code, but have had some luck with entering **733 into call.directedCallPickupString=

But, I cannot only have one blf pickup string. How does the shortcode work with Polycom? Does the phone append the pickupString onto the blf string? Or onto the caller number? At the moment, when I hit 'pickup', it seems to be just entering whatever I entered in the above parameter.....?

Some clarity on how the phone actualy works would be excellent.

Thanks, Joe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.