Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have inherited administrative responsibility for a collection of SoundPoint IP330, SoundPoint IP6XX, SoundStation IP4000 and SoundStation IP6000 phones. Each of the phones is connected to the network and I am able to retrieve their current IP address and MAC address.

I am looking for a way to retrieve the model of each phone, the current boot ROM version and the current SIP version, without having to actually physically visit each phone. Is there a table which maps a range of MAC addresses to model number? Is there a way to query the phone, via the network, to retrieve its details?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello Bill Mania,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The Phones you listed in your post are not all fully compatible with the latest SIP/UCS Software Revision so therefore the possibility are limited on the older Phones.

The SSIP4000 will only run SIP 3.1.7

The SPIP330, SPIP6XX and the SSIP6000 will be able to run UCS 3.3.0 or later

I would advise you familiarize yourself with the matching Admin Guides that can be found for the separate Phones => here <=  

Since UCS 3.3.0 the Webinterface of the Phones shows the Software Version and the Phone Model

Older Phones could utilize the App State Polling explained => here <=

Your SIP Server may in addition show you the User Agent or a Wireshark Trace could be used on a per IP Address Filter to gain this Information.

Rebooting the Phone and checking the Provisioning Server logs for the xxx-xxxxx-xxx.sip.ld download attempts per IP Address also show the Type of Phone.

The Admin Guides for SIP 3.1 and UCS 3.3.0 hold Information how to enable this functionality and for further support please work with your Polycom Reseller and/or Polycom Support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.