Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am unable to locate the correct parameter for the phone to remember the ringer volume or to specify a specific ringer volume for the phones.

I use   voice.volume.persist.handset="1" to set the phone to remember the handset volume although am unable to locate the same parameter for the ringer volume.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello icsnettech,

this feature is currently not supported in UCS 3.3.x and previous SIP Versions.

The upcoming UCS 4.0.0 will introduce this feature according to the UCS 4.0.0 Admin Guide:

• Persistent Ring—Changes made to the ringer volume by the user persistafter the phone reboots.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

What volume does the phone default to after a call for the ringer?

Or does it get adjusted only on phone reboot?

HP Recommended

Hello icsnettech,

as long as the Phone is not rebooted the Volume stays at the Level the User can manually adjust.

It will reset to the factory default once rebooted.

Please read the Using Custom Ring Tones on SoundPoint IP, SoundStation IP, and Polycom VVX 1500 Phones that can be found at the Polycom Technical Bulletin Site => here <=

Above explains how a "loud" ring tone can be added that may suit your environment and you could use your own louder Ring Tone until the UCS 4.0.0 is released for your Phones.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier 

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

What is the .cfg setting to get a ringer setting to persist after reboot when running 4.0.3.7314?

I have tried the following with no positive results. Range I am using is -21 to 0

<voice voice.gain.rx.analog.ringer.IP_650="0">

<voice voice.gain.rx.digital.ringer.IP_650="0">

<voice voice.gain.rx.analog.ringer="0">

<voice voice.gain.rx.digital.ringer="0">

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.