Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, I got several questions about VVX 201.

Our company introduced VVX 201 currently and I'm creating it's manual in Japanese.

My questions are below

-About icons

I think some explanations of phone icons on VVX201 do not match each other.

For example, the icon with handset and check mark, feature description on manual says it's missed call. However, this icon is always on a screen when it does not have any missed calls. I think this icon means phone call is available. Is my understanding right? Or does this icon have any other meanings?

There are two more icons do not make sense.

The icon with handset and circle cross, feature description on manual says it's unregistered line but this icon do not appear when we had phone call from unknow number.

Could you tell me when and what kind of condition make this icon appears?

The icon only handset, feature description on manual says it's placing a call. However I can not see this icon when I make a phone call. Could you tell me when and what kind of condition make this icon appears?

-About missed call

I have a question about missed call sign which appears on upper right of screen. What kind of condition make this number disappeared?

For example there are 5 missed calls how do I decrease number 4,3,2...1?

I checked missed call details from recent call list but it does not decrease, it keeps showing 5 missed calls. How do I make the number decrease?

The manual says recent call list holds 100 entries but it does not hold 100, but it's less than 100 entries and last record was last Thursday. It does not show older record than last Thursday.

Is there save limit of period?

ツ

Furthermore, if there are some missed calls before last Thursday, do these missed calls disappear automatically?

Thank you for reading all my questions. I look forward to answers.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello CityAscom,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Must Read First" and is the absolute minimum requirement every new post should include. .

In addition providing us with this basic information gives Polycom an idea what Software Versions are used in the field and avoids wasting time trying to troubleshoot issues which have already been addressed.

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP or UC Software Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

Depending on the above the Menu's may look different based on an older version. It would also be of interest what type of call server you are using as a reply may depend on this as well. Especially with server based call logs or forwarding etc.

In a nutshell:

The above is the phone idle screen displaying one missed call.

Utilizing the Navigation Bar down:

Will get you into the missed call list:

The latest missed call is always displayed first and scrolling down will go back in time.

The phone will only display a maximum of 100 calls and then delete the oldest one.

In regards of Menu Icons:

The First one is a New Call, the 2nd one for the Voice Mail and the third provides access to various directories.

The 4th one is Do not Disturb, the 5th one is Call forward and the 6th one gives access to the Settings menu

The 7th and last one is for the Phones Built In Microbrowser.

The above is all taken using the currently latest software 5.5.2 and completely depends if you are using openSIP or Skype for Business mode.

Many Icons can be removed or hidden so I can only ask you to check our extensive FAQ and maybe work with a Polycom reseller on opening a support case if questions cannot be answered in the community.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Dear Sir Steffen Bair

Thank you for quick reply and letting me know information.

I understood about my questions related to server and Software version. I will ask our Polycom reseller about missed calls and recent call lists.

But let me ask you questions again.

Thank you for telling me informations about Menu icons however Im not mentioning about menu icons but about icons refer to picture1.

*picture1; a explanation of icon from a manual VVX201

The upper missed call icons on a picture always show on a screen without any missed calls.

Does this icon really mean Missed call? I want to know about the definition about this icon.

If it was so, I would doubt about something wrong with server because our phone seems to not showing correct missed call information then I will ask for our Polycom reseller.

* picture2; display of VVX 201. Its showing missed call icon when we do not have any missed calls

This is a final question. What kind of condition make Unregistered icon show? I don’t see this icon when I have unregistered calls. Is this still related to server?

* picture3; a display of taking incoming call. This call number is not registered but it does not show Unregistered call icon.

Thank you for reading.

Best Regards.

HP Recommended

Hello CityAscom,

whatever questions our local FAQ is unable to answer and the Admin or User Guides are unable to help with please work with a Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.