Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I’m having a problem where when the phone is connected to the network at 100mbit full duplex and a PC is connected to the phone at 1000Mbit full duplex (auto neg), the download speed is fine but the upload throughput is reduced to about 25mbit, however on the PC if you set the network speed to 100Mbit full duplex this fixes the issue, the problem isn’t seen if the phone it connected to the network at 1000mbit. I have replicated this across the vvx range.

I also believe these people on the community have had the same problem

http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/Slow-network-behind-VVX500/td-p/40500

http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/Slow-when-connected-via-PC-port-of-Polycom-IP301/m-p/21124

Has anyone got a solution before I try the long process of going through a supplier to get support?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

just to add i'm running version 5.5 on the VVX 310,410,500,600.

I've attached a picture to explain it.

HP Recommended

Hello nwest,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The two post's you found are back from 2012 and 2013 and I am unaware if these users ever reported this.

We had in the past a issue logged via VOIP-93300 which dealt with a similar issue and fixed this back in UC Software 5.1.3

I am unsure why the current UC Software should have this broken again but I urge you to report this so our support team can look at this VOIP-117142

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. In case this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I’ve done a little more testing and the issue doesn’t happen in 5.4.0 and it appears the network speed between the phone matches the speed between the phone and switch.

From 5.4.2 and later the issue is present, I haven’t been able to test 5.4.1 as I get an invalid updater signature message.

I will try and raise the issue with the supplier. can you confirm who it will be for 0004F2C98F1E?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello newst,

This VVX310 was sold via Nycomm Ltd back in 15/12/2015 and already had a service ticket raised via 1-3039691361 in regards of a LYNC license.

Please work with Nycomm to move forward.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

DId you get a resolution from the vendor?  I am running a VVx310 and it has just upgraded its firmware.  With the phone inline I get 1.7 mb/s in both directions (speedtest out to comcast), but with the phone unplugged I get spec 120/20.  The computer and the phones both report the LAN speed of 1 Gb.  The software  version on the phone is 4.1.8.0628 and I don't appear able to change that (the admin portal doesn't use the default password).  This was purchased through ringcentral (I have pinged them too).  There are at least two units suffering from this (it only picks up the update if they are rebooted/power cycled for some reason).

HP Recommended

i have a case open with polycom at the moment which they are working on, i also had someone else private message me about the same problem in  4.1.8.0628 also with ringcentral.

HP Recommended

I also have some clients reporting this issue, slow speeds while connected to the PC port - but everything works great when not connected. I believe they are running 4.1.8.0628 as well, but I haven't verified - that's just the current version of my own VVX410. This never appeared to be a problem until recently with some clients, so I assume it is directly related to the newest firmware.

nwest and the user above, how far have you got with RC?

HP Recommended

Hello BC_RC,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I am unsure if any of the posters in this topic ever raised this with their reseller as they should but the only way for us to track this is opening a service request. An issue may occur the same but may have a different root cause.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. In case this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello all,

This was addressed via:

• Fixed via VOIP-117141 Phones now throughput's at the rate of the speed of LAN when the PC is connected to the PC port of the phone

Above was addressed using 5.4.5 and the next 5.5.1

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.