Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi

I am trying to update the SIP and BootROM software on my 335

Before I started I had SIP 3.3.30069 and BootROM 4.3.1.0440

I have set up a provisioning FTp server and had the partnumber.bootrom.ld present in the home directory. During reboot the phone did save the neww bootrom but now gives me "error application not present" message.

I understand that I may have incompatible bootom / uc software but I don't know how to fix it. The phone currently reports Revision 4.4.0.0080 (i assume that's new BootROM?) through the "about" menu on the phone.

Can you advise on next step? I have saved config details of my SIP provider so I'm happy to flatten/factory restore if that's easiest?

I'm based in the UK

thanks for reading

TOny

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Tony,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Sep 27, 2012 QuestionI get the message “Error application not present / found” on my phones screen

Resolution: Please check => here <=

in addition

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above should get you back working.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Stefan

I provisioned new UC / App as per below (Polycom_UC_Software_4_1_1_rts8_AA_release_sig_combined)

BootBlock 3.0.2.0024
Updater 5.1.1.0132
SIP 4.1.1.0731

Phone now starts properly, however web interface doesn't load, when I enter the phone's IP address in a browser I simply get a blank page.

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Tony

HP Recommended

Hello Tony,

again the he community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jun 30, 2015 Question:What is the difference using the UC Software 4.0.0 for compatible SoundPoint or SoundStation IP Phones?

Resolution: Please always check the release Notes or

Software Version  Call Server
4.0.X SIP Only
4.1.X LYNC Only

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

thanks stefan

I had a bit of trouble downgrading to 4.0.12 but got there in the end (needed to reset the prov ftp server pwd a few times).

NB even under 4.1 i could occasionally open the web interface but on most occasions it would fail to open.

Tony

HP Recommended

Hi Stefan

I couldn't get my SIP to register under 4.0.12 In the end I gave up and went back to 4.1.1

Now that I'm on 4.1.1 I'm able to register and make calls using my SIP provider and I also appear to be able to load the web configuration utility.

Is there a known issue with line registering in 4.0.12? I note some issues posted in the forum.

the below was in the logs when on 4.0.12 which seems connected to the inability to register

Error Code:488 Not Acceptable Here

HP Recommended

Hello Tony,

4.1.1 is for LYNC only. If 4.0.12 does not work (I am not aware of any issues) please utilize the next lower version 4.0.11 instead.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

ok Stefan I'll give that a try and let you know how I get on

tony

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.