Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am having some issues with my Polycom SoundStation IP 6000 phone.

First, after upgrading to the latest software (SIP: 4.0.1.13681; BootROM: 5.0.1.10553) I am no longer able to make external calls. Also, I used to be able to dial out by dialing the numbers first. Now, I am required to hit the "New Call" button.

My second issue is that my phone says "Network is down." I've read some other posts that said this was a known issue in the current version? Is this correct?

Thirdly, I am having issues with the phone going straight to voice mail when dialing *. We are using a 3rd-party conference provider called InterCall. When dialing into a meeting, it asks you to dial the "*" if you are a leader. Unfortunately, they breaks the call for us. We've noticed that sometimes it does in fact work. However, the majority of the time it doesn't. I was told that upgrading the phones software could potentially fix this issue. Obviously, it hasn't.

Thank you in advance for any input. It is greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello hayden,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Let me elaborate on the Network is down statement. If a phone using UCS 4.0.1 boots up using DHCP it does display for a short moment after it is nearly finished booting this message.

This does disappear again and will not display this any longer.

If a SSIP6000 is configured with a static IP address this message stays, this is a purely cosmetic issue and will not affect the phone and is confirmed in this post => here <=.

You claim you can no longer make calls, did you check the Phone's registration status as explained => here <=

You also explained that you cannot dial a " * "

The UCS 4.0.1 applies the Digitmap settings and is explained => here <= so I would advise you have a read in the UCS 4.0.1 Admin guide regarding the dialplan.applyTo parameter.

You also mentioned that you had been told to upgrade the Phones so I would speak to your Polycom Reseller and work with them on these above raised issues.

If your Polycom Reseller is unable to assist you please contact Polycom Support who can offer you PPI (pay per incident) support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.