Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am trying to set up a new Soundstation IP 7000 as a SIP extension with ShoreTel

The phone has been updated to UC version 4.0.12.0926

I have entered the SIP information and line information (Display name, address, authentication user ID and Label are all set to the extension, and the user password matches the SIP password in ShoreTel for that extension.

Regardless of anything we set up, the phone will not register, and shows an error in the phone logs: 

0801125852|sip  |4|03|Registration failed User: 2463, Error Code:500 Internal Server Error

I have followed ShoreTel's documentation precisely but there isn't a lot of detail, nor is there much detail on what this error means or even where it comes from. Is this an error from the phone or that the phone is receiving from the server? 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello djanke,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Can I register or is my Polycom Phone compatible with a “XYZ” SIP Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

I suggest you double check this and then post some complete logs.

You may also want to teach out to your service provider.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

I have looked at that page prior to posting, and it just had the partner locator, I don't see anything about platform compatibility. Is this a question that a partner has to answer? None of the partners or their descriptions say anything about the platforms they deal with aside from "microsoft". Do I need to search for something else or in an area different from were I actually am? 

I have attached a log as well.

HP Recommended

Hello djanke,

Due the log levels not being logged I cannot see if this is a message we receive from the server.

Again the FAQ contains:

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I increased logging levels for SIP and logging, then rebooted. if other modules need to be increased, i can do that just say what is needed.

HP Recommended

Hello djanke,

The overall level was not at debug but I believe this is coming from the server:

0802111004|sip  |3|2815|UA Client Non-INVITE REGISTER trans state 'callingTrying'->'completed' by 500 resp 10 timeout(0x418d4e3c)
0802111004|sip  |2|2815|CTrans:: REGISTER NonInv reTrans ALREADY stopped in 'completed' state at retryCount 1 code 500, timeout=10 (0x418d4e3c)

I suggest you open a support ticket with whoever looks after this service.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi,

We do encounter the same issue with that Sounstation IP 7000 and Shoretel. Have you ever find a solution?

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.