Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, it would very appreciated if someone could help in this issue. The SS IP 7000 is not saving changes when I do them on the phone after restarting. It stays displying "resetting configuration please wait" eternally. Tried also all the other menu´s. Said that there is no way to restore original settings since I cant even configure a FTP server, etc. It feels that there is something corrupted. Please let me know if there is experience about this. Thanks

Phone Information

Phone Model SoundStation IP 7000

Part Number 2201-40000-001 Rev:AC

MAC Address 00:04:F2:EF:F4:D8

BootROM Software Version 5.0.1.10553

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello pjohanssonv,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

• Does the unit come up with file system error / or format the file system?
  • Can you set up a reservation to assign the Server via an DHCP Option?

I would contact your Polycom reseller Nexsys de chile SA who sold this unit back in 17/02/2015

I suggest you use the DHCP Option if that works and Install UC Software 4.0.11 and Updater / BootROM 5.0.11

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen, unfortunatelly it seems the error of the phone is at an early stage so setting DHCP is not possible since saving configuration is the main problem.... The answers to your questions:

Does the unit come up with file system error / or format the file system? No
Can you set up a reservation to assign the Server via an DHCP Option? No

It seems that this unit with UC Software that it has plus BootROM may have produced that the product is bricked. I want to know if Polycom will assume this hardware/software issue. I am attaching a video o the unit starting and some pictures too.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello pjohanssonv,

The Software on the unit is fine but something is wrong with it.

If you follow this post => here <= there is no need for you to manually add anything to the unit and it should just connect to the server.

If you are unable to do this or the unit still does not work then you need to RMA this unit. It is out of warranty so it will be charged.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen, we did the test you suggested. Unfortunatelly didn´t work. The only thing I do not share with you is that we must pay for fixing something that is bricked since Polycom´s responsability. I assume that Polycom has a repair extension program for this issue and precise product, that is not a user related issue and is clearly a product malfunction, in my way of seeing  the company should take care of it and respond accordingly. Please let me know how to escalate. Regards   

HP Recommended

Hello pjohanssonv,,

I am unsure how this should be Polycom's responsibility.

We give a one year manufacturers warranty on all our products but the reseller and/or the country you are in may have additional warranty laws.

This is between yourself and the reseller but for us the warranty is 1 year.

I am unsure what environment you have utilized this unit and if powered by a PoE Switch or a external power supply etc.

There could be all sorts of factors why the unit has stopped working.

I am not aware of any faults etc. as of yet on the SoundStation IP7000 series so this is very unfortunate for yourself but only an Out Of Warranty RMA will help you if your reseller is unable to offer any additional or prolonged warranty.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Steffen, my answer to your comment regarding "I am unsure how this should be Polycom's responsibility" is very simple. I bought an SoundPoint IP 7000 and within normal use it is now bricked and its not possible to repair it since a problem with its software and or hardware. Understanding your point of view I could assume that Polycom equipment has only a determinated life expectancy and they will be unusable after xxx years. Let me know if I understand you correctly. Polycom must be responsable of an equipment that has no fixing alternative within its original configuration. Thanks.   

HP Recommended

Hello pjohanssonv,

Again, we did not sell you anything, you purchased the unit from a company.

We as the manufacturer give 1 year warranty to this company and if anything happens to the device during this time period we either repair or exchange the unit.

Your unit is over 2 years old, and whilst we do understand that the unit now is no longer working, we are not able to do anything as your contract is between you and who you purchased the unit from.

Again as a reminder we do not know anything about how you operated the unit, either using a PoE Switch or an external Power supply.

External influences like a lightening strike or anything else in the country you are operating could have contributed to the state the unit is now in.

We do not publicly distribute MTBF (mean time between failures) numbers but I would expect the unit to last many years longer if operated within its officially documented limits.

If our units develop a fault that we know about we do offer exchange programs outside warranty. For the SSIP7000 I am not aware of such so therefore please take this up with whoever sold you the unit and apply any local warranty or fit for its purpose laws.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Steffen, your answer is hilarious. No further comments. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.