Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have a number of Polycom Sound Station 6000s deployed across the organization for a number of years without issue.

Recently one unit has started to give us trouble.

Using PoE power...

1. IF the unit is left unplugged/powered off for a day,

- when it is plugged in for the first time,

- the phone is stuck at the startup screen (three red lights, blank LCD without Polycom splash screen) anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes.

2. If the unit is rebooted it boots up normally.

3. If the unit is powered off for 5 to 10 minutes it will boot up normally.

If it is left powered off for longer the result might be #1 or #2.

We have tested this in separate buildings (separate networks) and multiple switches (PoE as well as PoE+ capable switches).

SN: 0004F2EC9A7B

Made in Thailand

date code 2011100702

Is this one of the defective units mentioned in this thread?

http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/Soundstation-ip-6000-stuck-on-start-up-screen/td-p/88616

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello 2manyhats,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Since this problem occurred after 6-7 years of use, Polycom will offer a specially priced, Out of Warranty refurbished unit for $136 USD/per unit.

The RMA should be placed as an OOW-EE

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Is there are date range we should check for units that might develop this issue?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello 2manyhats,

No there is no such list or range

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I received a report a 2nd unit is having the same problem, will provide serial number to confirm.

Is it still possible to RMA IP6000s that exhibit the defect?

Thanks

2manyhats

HP Recommended

Hello @2ManyHats,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Depending on the serial number the process is the same.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

We have the following serial numbers for Polycom IP6000 and one IP7000.

Which of these units are suspectible to the defect and that we should consider replacing?

Model        Serial Number Status

IP 6000     0004F2EC9A7B Previously confirmed defective

VSX 7000 0004F2EF84E9  

IP 6000     0004f2f679cb  

IP 6000     0004f2f67b49  

IP 6000     0004F2F60EB9  

IP 6000     0004f2f6798a  

IP 6000     0004f2f678e4  

IP 6000     0004f2f6795e  

IP 6000     0004f2f6799d  

IP 6000     0004F2F63193  

IP 6000     0004f2f67f1a  

IP 6000     0004F2EC039F  

Thanks

2manyhats

HP Recommended

Hello @2ManyHats,

Only the last unit would fall under this special RMA mention in my original reply.

0004F2EF84E9

27/06/2013

0004f2f679cb  

27/12/2013

0004f2f67b49 

30/12/2013

0004F2F60EB9

26/06/2013

0004f2f6798a  

27/12/2013

0004f2f678e4  

27/12/2013

0004f2f6799d

27/12/2013

0004f2f6795e 

27/12/2013

0004F2F63193

12/09/2013

0004f2f67f1a  

27/12/2013

0004F2EC039F 

29/03/2011

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

We're having the same issue with these polycoms...  They stay stuck at startup screen - probably about 6 of them so far... Some have never been used, and straight out of the box...     Can you check serial number:

0004F2F85AC8 and see if it falls under warranty still. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.