Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Please consider this option.  We call into conference calls daily and it’s in as a contact that helps us dial the number. However, like the iPhone, we’d like to add a delay of x seconds…say 5 seconds per comma then enter our conference number, hit pound, wait 5 seconds, then dial the moderator code and hit pound.

I remember the modem days and comma have been the pause command for many years. We’d add commas prior to dialing to give time for the dial tone to come up.

And we are a telecommunications company, we sell these awesome phones to our customers, and yes, they ask us all the time how to do this. That’s why I’m here, to give our customers a valid answer. Currently I’m forced to say “I’m sorry Polycom doesn’t support that function at this time but we have asked to have it added in the near future?!”

Please consider this!

Thanks!

Tim

HP Recommended

Hello Tim,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Not knowing anything about your company I can only repeat what has been stated before:

Nov 25, 2011 Question: How can I change the functionality of a softkey button / use EFK?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above is required so our product managers can evaluate the urgency of adding this feature to a new software release.

At present I do not have any information if you require this for the VVX range or for the SoundPoint IP range.

You are so far the fourth person to respond to this post but I am not aware if any of the prior three including the original poster  ever followed up the above.

The internal reference is Accept ID 70792 but again without knowing if individuals purchased 1, 100 or thousands or ten thousands of phones we are unable to prioritize this accordingly.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I'll work my issue through Polycom Support, but here is another use case which came up today for a customer.

Soundpoint 650 running 4.0.9.

Customer answers a call, then hits a *55 speed dial line key which does two things:

1.  Places Active call on hold

2. Places new call to the Voice Portal system

The issue we found is that the active call going on hold isn't completed (the hold process) before the system looks for held calls to be directed to a voicemail box.

The customer is going to have to hit hold first, then hit the speed dial.  The above process works on a VVX phone, but not this soundpoint.  And it all comes down to split seconds for an ACK message.

Inserting a pause in front of the *55 would give the held call another moment to complete.

HP Recommended

Hello SarvaiD,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Nov 25, 2011 Question: How can I change the functionality of a softkey button / use EFK?

Have a look at the above as you can add a Pause.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Support,

We have received this Speed Dial Pause request from many of our Csr's, it's quite embarrassing not to be able to support this feature. in fact this feature has been active for a very very long time on regular phone systems like ShoreTel and others.

Please try to rush on this. if Polycom could offer this feature, Polycom will defiantly hit the market even stronger!

All the best,

Abe@DynaLinkTel.com

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

Hello Tim,

Not knowing anything about your company I can only repeat what has been stated before:

The above is required so our product managers can evaluate the urgency of adding this feature to a new software release.

At present I do not have any information if you require this for the VVX range or for the SoundPoint IP range.

You are so far the fourth person to respond to this post but I am not aware if any of the prior three including the original poster  ever followed up the above.

The internal reference is Accept ID 70792 but again without knowing if individuals purchased 1, 100 or thousands or ten thousands of phones we are unable to prioritize this accordingly.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Hello Abe,

I already replied with the above to prior posters and have provided our Sales Engineer community with your Email details so they can reach out to yourself on this as we need some details in regards of what handset's you are utilizing.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I am shocked and appalled that the use of a comma for a pause is not supported.  

VVX410 and VVX500 just got struck from the evaluation.

Chris

HP Recommended

Hello Chris,

Did you take your time to read my prior responses explaining why we had so far no great request to have this added?

This is simply a question of demand and so far nobody wanted this badly enough.

As also outlined there is an internal reference and we may try to add this sooner than later but as we have no NDA in place with you or your organisation I am unable to provide any more data and as usual this is subject to change.

If this is urgent enough for you please go ahead and provide me with the details and your requirements and numbers so I can get the relevant teams involved.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

Hello Chris,

Did you take your time to read my prior responses explaining why we had so far no great request to have this added?

This is simply a question of demand and so far nobody wanted this badly enough.

I might beg to differ here..  There's at least 2 pages of discussion on this topic already, in this thread alone.

While I don't run the phones where I work, we've got several thousand of your phones, none of which support this blindingly obvious feature.  Last time I ran into one of our UC guys, he just sort of shook his head saying, "Yeah, I know, I don't get it either.  So obvious."

HP Recommended

Hello jcostom,

this is an interesting detail and you may want to contact me via Community mail to provide me with more details about the organisation which is running that amount of Polycom VoIP Phones that you know of.

Even that we do have 2 pages I do not have any concrete numbers of a sale that is being held up due the lack of this and therefor if you guys or our service providers do not request this (not through the community) then it will end on a list with other customer required features prior to this.

I have so far always provided our Product Management with details of each individuals post.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.