Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We just bought a new Polycom 335 and cannot get it to connect to the network or set it up.

We do not have a provisioning server. We are a small firm and connect our phones directly to the LAN and out to the internet using SIP information from our VOIP provider (Vitelity.net) for each phone.

In the past we would get the phone to connect to the local LAN via DHCP, then logon to it via a web browser and configure it. But this time I cannot make it connect to the LAN or access the setup page on the phone as the phone will not boot.

I tried these three settings with no success.

I tried straight out of the box and it hangs with this message:

1. Waiting for network to initialize

I tried giving it a static IP and the series of messages I get is:

2. Updating initial configuration
  3. Could not contact boot server. Using existing configuration
  4. Phone failed to load.Rebooting App=testApp.Id

I tried following the instructions in the quicktip Quick Tip 44011 (http://support.polycom.com/global/documents/support/technical/products/voice/Register_Standalone_Sou...and the series of messages I get is:

2. Updating …2375-001.bootrom.Id Please wait.
  3. Updating bootrom.Id Please wait.
  4. Updating initial configuration
  5. Could not contact bootserver
  6. Phone failed to load.Rebooting App=testApp.Id

Has anyone had this problem?  Please help!

Thank you,

Julian

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Julian,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains a vast amount of information.

You phone simply attempts to load its software and you have most likely formatted the file system or done something else so without a boot server you will not get any further.

This is actually just a FTP or similar server running on a PC.

Example:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: I get the error Message “Could not contact boot server” on my phones screen
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Have a look here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply.

I followed the instructions and setup the FTP with the files in the zip UC_Software_4_0_1_release_sig_combined.

Now the phone boots, but I still cannot access it via the web. I am able to ping the phone but no response from the browser.

The Status of the phone reads:

PLATFORM

---Phone

Model: Soundpoint IP 335

Assembly: 2345-12375-001 Rev:A

S/N: 0004f23c4f68

IP: 192.168.1.136

Bootblock: 3.0.2.0024 (12375-001)

BootROM: 4.3.0.0246

Device Certificate: Invalid

---Application

---Main

Label: SIP

Version: 3.2.4.0267

P/N: 3150-11530-324

File: sip.Id

---Components

Label: PolyDSM Titan Mem1 FS10 (G.729)

Version: 3.1.5.0014

P/N: 3150-11580-315

---Configuration

Boot Server: 192.168.1.5

Boot Server Type: FTP

Config:

NETWORK

---TCP/IP Parameters

IP: 192.168.1.136

DHCP: Enabled

LINES

---Line1: Sounpoint IP (Not Registered)

Any help on what changes I need to make so I can access the phone via the web would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hello JTG,

you did not upgrade your Phone to UCS 4.0.1 as it still says:

Label: SIP

Version: 3.2.4.0267

Please follow the update / upgrade post and remember that you need the UCS Software and the Upgrader/Updater.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

It worked! Upgraded to 4.04 and now I can access the phone via the web browser.

Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.