Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

With Reference to another post :

[FAQ] Can I use substitutions when provisioning my Phones? 

Can I get clarity on the statement related to “ignoring duplicate values as they had been already applied earlier”

I want the base profile to include Exchange Calendar settings but specific phones to not have any Exchange Calendar settings.

For teh base profile I have a vvxbase.cfg.  I was going to create MAC-vvx.cfg files for just the specific phones and set the values. However if the base profile has “feature.exchangeCalendar.enabled = 1” and the specific MAC-vvx.cfg file has “feature.exchangeCalendar.enabled = 0” then does it mean that the settings in the specific file will be ignored?

If I put the MAC-vvx.cfg first and the vvxbase.cfg second, would that work?

The settings for the specific phones are where we have phones in door entry points or hallways where we don't want a user to be able to browse the directory.  Given that these specific settings are < 5% of the overall - I would like to maintain a small list of overrides and have a base config everyone else gets.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Patrick,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The configuration is applied on a first read basis aka if you specify the same setting twice in one file or once in one file and then in another only the first value is accepted.

In a Skype for Business Setup the feature.exchangeCalendar.enabled parameter has a Factory value of 1 therefore you only need to declare it for phones that will not use it.

Knowing your setup a little from talking to you you would need individual <mac>.cfg files for all the phones that have a specific functionality that others should not have.

Lets say a VVX500 may be used for individuals that all have the same setting you can use the 00000000000.cfg

For a VVX500 that needs specific settings you would need an individual <mac>.cfg

Using the RPRM as an example would make something much easier but if you want to use a normal FTP for now it needs to be manual.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Patrick,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The configuration is applied on a first read basis aka if you specify the same setting twice in one file or once in one file and then in another only the first value is accepted.

In a Skype for Business Setup the feature.exchangeCalendar.enabled parameter has a Factory value of 1 therefore you only need to declare it for phones that will not use it.

Knowing your setup a little from talking to you you would need individual <mac>.cfg files for all the phones that have a specific functionality that others should not have.

Lets say a VVX500 may be used for individuals that all have the same setting you can use the 00000000000.cfg

For a VVX500 that needs specific settings you would need an individual <mac>.cfg

Using the RPRM as an example would make something much easier but if you want to use a normal FTP for now it needs to be manual.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen

In reading your responce I realised I missed a bit  One of the issues is that when you log in a phone tat we have defined as a "common area phone" we use a number and pin whereas for end users they log in as themselves.  The Common area phones (aka hotdesk phones) do not have links to exchnage where as standard users do.

Using a single base configuration with the the exchange parameters defined meant that when we loged in to one of these phones with a pin we get a red warning triangle flashing.  The mesage reads: Exchange login credential are not configured.

So I am trying not to set parameters that are not valid in certain circumstances.

To set these up then I am:

in 000000000000.cfg I have CONFIG_FILES="[MAC]-hotdesk.cfg vvxconfig.cfg"

in [MAC]-hotdesk.cfg I have:

. . .
feature.exchangeCalendar.enabled="0"
feature.exchangeContacts.enabled="0"
exchange.server.url=""
 . . . .

in vvxconfig.cfg I have:

. . .
feature.exchangeCalendar.enabled="1"
feature.exchangeContacts.enabled="1"
exchange.server.url="https://owa.homenetwork.net/ews/exchange.asmx"
 . .  . . .

When it then provisions, it will read the values from [MAC]-hotdesk.cfg and ignore the same settings in the vvxconfig.cfg.  For  a phone with no [MAC]-hotdesk.cfg defined it applies the standard configuration.

I think my logic is correct.

HP Recommended

Hello Patrick,

Yes any phone with an individual <mac>.cfg instead of the 00000000000.cfg will only load one file (or however many you define) and will load the individual Config.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.