Advisor
nikita
Accepted Solution

Time Settings

Hi,

Periodically we are expiriencing time problem on our polycom phones(430 and 601). Her is the settings in our sip.cfg file:

<SNTP tcpIpApp.sntp.resyncPeriod="86400" tcpIpApp.sntp.address="time.nist.gov" tcpIpApp.sntp.address.overrideDHCP="1" tcpIpApp.sntp.gmtOffset="-18000" tcpIpApp.sntp.gmtOffset.overrideDHCP="1" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.enable="1" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.fixedDayEnable="0" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.month="3" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.date="8" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.time="2" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.dayOfWeek="1" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.dayOfWeek.lastInMonth="0" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.month="11" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.date="1" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.time="2" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.dayOfWeek="1" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.dayOfWeek.lastInMonth="0"/>

The only thing i change from time to time is a time server to pool.ntp.org. 

What can be the problem? Maybe the phone is not syncing with this time servers, or this is some kind of error in my config?

Advisor
nikita

Re: Time Settings

Sorry for bothering you, but you are not answering on my question for 3 weeks. Can I get any update please.

Polycom Employee & Moderator
SteffenBaierUK

nikita wrote:

Sorry for bothering you, but you are not answering on my question for 3 weeks. Can I get any update please.

Hello nikita,

usually someone only answers if they have an answer or a reply and therefore is no need to post on an unanswered question.

Please be aware that the community is not a support forum.

If you need support please raise this via your Polycom Reseller so they can open a ticket with Polycom support.

Your error description is not very detailed in what kind of issue you are having and you did not post any information regarding the current software version either.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

Above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

Please ensure to always check the VoIP FAQ, Video Endpoint FAQ , PSTN FAQ or RPM FAQ

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" and feel free to give me Kudos.
Advisor
nikita

Software 2.2.2

Issue: time is wrong and flashing periodically. 

Polycom Employee & Moderator
SteffenBaierUK

[ Edited ]

Hello Nikita,

• the SPIP430 is capable of running SIP 3.2.6 or newer
  • the SPIP601 is capable of running SIP 3.1.8 

This sounds more like a network issue but I advise to upgrade to the latest SIP & BootROM Version and then work with your Polycom reseller if you have any more issues.

Regards

Steffen Baier

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

Above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

Please ensure to always check the VoIP FAQ, Video Endpoint FAQ , PSTN FAQ or RPM FAQ

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" and feel free to give me Kudos.