Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Can i upgrade from SIP 3.2.6 to UC 4.0.1 directly and without a provisioning server? If so can someone explain how to do so? I have checked the numerous documents and can only find how to do it if i use a provisioning server.

I am trying to find out if the UC fw requires some sort of UC server as i currently only have a single standalone Soundstation IP5000 that i configure manually through the web intertface.

The bootrom is on 4.3.0

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Jonah82,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Any Phone on any Software (prior UCS 4.0.0) will always need a provisioning Server to download the Software.

You can upgrade from SIP 3.2.x directly to UCS 4.0.1 if all the relevant files are on the Provisioning Server.

Please check this post => here <= and ensure to read the FAQ.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Stefan

Can i make my Windows PC a provisioning server for the upgrade only and then just configure it by the web interface? The PC will not be on the same network once the phone has been upgraded so i'm not sure if it will need the prov server to boot each time?

Can you point me to where i can download the upgrader? 

HP Recommended

Jonah82,

I have given you the direct links to the FAQ saving you searching for it yourself.

@Jonah82 wrote:

Can you point me to where i can download the upgrader? 

Currently the latest Software Version UC Software 4.0.1 Release and can be found => here <=

@Jonah82 wrote:

Can i make my Windows PC a provisioning server for the upgrade only and then just configure it by the web interface? The PC will not be on the same network once the phone has been upgraded so i'm not sure if it will need the prov server to boot each time?

More detail on using the Freeware FTP Server Filezilla can be found in this guide => here <=

There is no further need for the Provisioning Server after the upgrade (apart from trouble shooting if needed)

All the Information is given and you just need to read it.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Jonah82,

Thank you for using the Polycom Community forum.

You can upgrade directly from 3.2.6 to UC 4.0.1, however you will require a provisioning. Only UC 4.0 or above offer upgrade via the web interface. Please refer to the UC 4.0.1 release notes for more information.

I'm not sure if i quite understand your UC server question. However, in a normal scenerio you will configure your phone in your case the SoundStation IP5000 to register to a SIP server on the network and any other devices on the network that are registered to the SIP server can dial that phone. These settings are configurable (i) Through the phoen Menu (ii) Web Interface (iii) Configuration files stored on your provisioning server.

You can refer to the following posts for further reference:-

(i) Do I always need a Provisioning Server or how can I configure a Phone?

(ii) How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning?

Thanks.

UD 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.