Frequent Visitor

VVX 1500 BLF Configuration assistance

[ Edited ]

Hi, if this is not the right section please let me know.

This is in regards to the VVX 1500. I cannot for the life of me find proper documentation for the manual configuration of Polycom phones, particularly BLF. From what I've read, only basic BLF is supported on the VVX 1500 which is fine, however any BLF configuration steps that I have found have either not specified VVX1500 as a supported phone for that particular guide, or the methods that the VVX1500 supports there is no documentation for. If someone could assist or point me to the appropriate guide for this, it would be greatly appreciated. I also cannot add BLF lines via the Web GUI because the option isn't there. 

Some additional details of the phone in question:

UC Software Version 5.1.1.2986
Updater Version 5.3.1.2937

I know the UC version is a little old, however it should be new enough for BLF implementation. 

If there is any additional information you require, let me know.

Thanks

-Dao Tran

Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX 1500 BLF Configuration assistance

Hello Dao Tran,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I suggest you utilize the latest firmware UC Software 5.5.2 and then utilize the attendant.uri parameter.

It completely depends if your yet unknown SIP server supports this method.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Frequent Visitor

Hi Steffen,

Where is this documentation for utilisation of the "attendant.uri" paramter? 

Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Dao,

Your still until now unknown SIP switch needs to support this method.

The parameter itself is detailed in the Admin Guides and in this FAQ post here:

Nov 4, 2011 Question: How can I setup a Busy Lamp Field / BLF with an Digium Asterisk SIP Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Frequent Visitor

Hi Steffen,

The VoIP platform is Freeswitch. They have advised me this method is supported, as the other models of Polycom we have support this (and they do). I've upgraded to the latest version UC 5.6.0. I am not having success using this method. I should also mention that the VVX1500 is not listed as a supported device in that attendant.uri post you linked. Lastly when attempting to manually add BLF lines, there is no option to specify a line as BLF (see attached).