Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I currently have 6 Polycom VVX410 phones connected over POE switch and the switch connected to a SonicWall TZ300 series router. I'm having an intermittent issue with call park on all of the Polycom phones. Call parks are currently setup 3 of the "line key" buttons. Sometimes when placing a call into call park the "line key" does not go red as it's supposed to. My current carrier VoIPLY doesn't seem to be able to figure out what is causing this issue. We've replaced the router, phones, switch, cable modem and checked router settings. All 6 phones are on the current software version: 5.6.0.17325. VoIPLY appears to be using Freeswitch for their system. If we do a reboot of the phones call parks works normally by the line key going red but then starts happening again. Any ideas of what other troubleshooting steps we could take?  

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello lkp,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

What software can I use to look at the syslogs? This wasn't very much help at all. I am not experienced with Polycom devices and my current provider hasn't been much help. I need some sip trace tools that are easier to use. The information you provides is for more advanced users.

HP Recommended

Hello lkp,

You simply look at the logs on the Phone aka Diagnostics > View & Download Logs

If you struggle with this please open a support ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Phone aka Diagnostics > View & Download Logs

Doesn't show SIP trace information.

HP Recommended
Hello

Please follow the simple FAQ instructions or work with your Polycom reseller as already advised

Replied via a mobile device

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:
Hello

Please follow the simple FAQ instructions or work with your Polycom reseller as already advised

Replied via a mobile device

Simple? Not even. 

HP Recommended

Hello lkp,

you have the following options:

• Try and utilize the FAQ provided. Its simple and you just need to follow the illustrated instructions.

• Another community member gives up their time and walks you through the steps needed

• Contact your Polycom reseller as they are your Tier 1 support

If the last option is not possible due the device being out of warranty please go ahead and work with this reseller via PPI / Pay Per Incident.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

Hello lkp,

you have the following options:

• Try and utilize the FAQ provided. Its simply and you just need to follow the illustrated instructions.

• Another community member gives up their time and walks you through the steps needed

• Contact your Polycom reseller as they are your Tier 1 support

If the last option is not possible due the device being out of warranty please go ahead and work with this reseller via PPI / Pay Per Incident.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

My reseller Telequest International are ignoring my requests to file a ticket with you. Polycom is the worst company to deal with when it comes to any support. You force your customer to purchase from a reseller you list on your website and if you don't you them the middle finger. Very professional. 

HP Recommended

Hello lkp,

I already posted this:

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

I have never heard of Telequest International and why would they ignore you if you are a valid customer?

Please provide me with the MAC of the phone and I try to find out who the reseller is.

Please take a moment and read:

Mar 8, 2012 Question: What kind of support should I expect from the Community?
Clarification: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.