Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended
Hello

A few more details like the currently used software version and what the actual problem is may be helpful.

Any VLANs being used?

Replied from a mobile device
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Our network has 25 VLANs all with a /24 subnet. The VVX 410 phone has version 5.3.1.0436 installed. We also have a VVX310 with version 5.3.0.12074 which has the seems problem. The phone gets all the DHCP info only the subnet is put automatically on 255.0.0.0 which should be 255.255.255.0. I've attached a screen shot of the VLAN where the phone is in. In the same VLAN I've a CX500 phone which work fine. If you need more info just let me know.

HP Recommended
Hello

Without seeing a wire shark trace or a log in debug I can only guess that you have not assigned a vendor class for a polycom phone. We do not use the same vendor class as a Microsoft optimised for LYNC phone

Replied via a mobile device
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I gave the phone a static Ip and downloaded the log from it, see attatchment. A remote caputure with wireshark doesn't work because I can't enable remote logging, I can't find how to do this. Maybe we can have a call about this tomorrow if this logging doesn't provide the correct info you need.

HP Recommended
Hello

Remote capture is describe in the FAQ. You can also setup a spanned port

As explained the VVX phones or any other SPIP or SSIP polycom phone do not use the same vendor class as a CX phone so please double check this.

Your Polycom reseller is your support contact for you to work with.

Replied via a mobile device

HP Recommended

We are not getting the support we need for this from our reseller. We contacted them and also called Polycom for support. Which vendor ID do we need to use for the VVX phone?

HP Recommended

From your log I see that the phone's IP addess and subnet mask are staticly set.   If you export the config then do a factory reset on the phone does DHCP work?

HP Recommended
I've done a factory reset and still DHCP is not working. I put the device on a static ip to get the logfile out of the phone. They are talking about vendor I'd in the dhcp but I'm unable to find which setting work for a windows dhcp server.
HP Recommended

Subnet mask is not a vendor specfic option in DHCP.  Can you verify that the subnet mask on your DHCP scope is correct? Right click on the Scope Name and select properties.  Do the phones work on a diffrent vLan with DHCP?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.