Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

The person who handles our phone system is on vacation out of the country and I have no idea how to get our phone back to ringing in our office.  We have it set to go to a closed office message at 5:00PM and back to normal at 7:00 AM

In the middle of the day the closed message came on and the phone will not ring.

I have no idea how this phone system works and I do not have any passwords...i need to get it set to answer correctly as we are loosing buisness by not answering the phone..

Any ideas??????

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello rmac,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Polycom, just like any other SIP endpoint manufacturer, simply provides phones that can be used with a vast range on SIP services.

Therefore we are unable to determine who you are using your service with. It could be a well known service provider or using some homemade free PABX like Asterisk.

You could check via Menu > Settings > Status > Lines if there is a human readable information there as this may give you a clue who your service provider would be,

If the above fails you need to speak who set this up.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.