Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We are using Lync 2010 Enterprise Voice with Outlook 2010/Exchange 2010/Dynamics CRM 2010 deployment for a year now. We are really pleasant the way Lync works. Currently we are using the Polycom CX600 phones and we are now considering the VVX 600 phones because they seem to be much faster. The Response Group delay with the CX600 (Aries chipset) is so annoying that our organisation is willing to replace all the phones with the new VVX 600 model.

For testing purposes we bought two VVX 600 phones, and everything works fine (and very fast!). There's no more delay when taking a call from a Response Group, so we're finally there!

BUT, for some reason our Outlook calendars are synchronising, but not our Outlook contacts, which is the most important part. If we can't see our Outlook contacts on our phone, it's completely useless.

Our contacts are centrally stored in Dynamics CRM, and are synchronized with Outlook (Exchange). This continues to sync to our mobile phones and our CX600 phones.

It's pretty wierd that calendar items are synchronizing just fine on the VVX 600, so what are we doing wrong? We are running the latest firmware version (last check March 2013).

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello MpDay,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

There is quite a difference between dedicated LYNC phones like the CX range and LYNC compatible phones like the VVX600.

The only way to archive a corporate Phone Book on the VVX600 is to utilize LDAP

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 30, 2012 Question: Can I use a central Phone book or is LDAP / Corporate Directory supported?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The VVX600 Support Page => here <= holds further LYNC details.

Please be aware of the following when utilizing UCS 4.1.0 or later:

The use of Polycom UC Software versions 4.1.X (“Software”) requires the purchase of a separate Software license for every device that will use the Software in a Lync environment. You may not install, access, or use the Software in a Lync environment on more devices than are listed on your license until additional licenses have been purchased and authorized by Polycom. These licenses should be purchased from the same company from which you purchased the devices. You may operate devices against a Lync server for trial purposes for up to 30 days without purchasing a license. Use of the Software is subject to the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement.

Polycom reserves the right to audit your deployment to verify that you have sufficient licenses to match the number of devices being used.

For further support please contact your Polycom reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

So, at this moment, all contacts should be stored in Active Directory, and use LDAP on the VVX phones to query AD. This means we have to manually create +500 AD objects (contacts), while Dynamics CRM is unable to create AD contacts.

We've had some contact with Jeff Schertz (http://blog.schertz.name/) about the VVX / Outlook Contacts issue, and he states:

"The VVX model does not yet have all of the features that the CX models do, so Outlook contact sync is one of the items we have not yet implemented them. Additional features will be coming as future firmware updates.

-
Jeff"

Can we assume that Outlook Contact synchronization WILL be implemented in future firmware release for the VVX 500/600?

Please, can you (Polycom) confirm the above question. If yes, than we'll wait for the newer firmware releases.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hello MpDay,

due NDA we cannot publicly within this community discuss features that may or may not be implemented.

I would suggest to work via your Polycom reseller with a Polycom Sales engineer to discuss this in detail.

At present LDAP is the only way to implement a corporate directory and I am sure there would be some scripts available to create these AD objects. Jeff, as a Polycom employee, works closer with the development teams and may have more insight on the road map. This is not a feature that I am aware off implemented in the near future.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

If I take a look at the spec sheet, it states:

- Microsoft® Exchange® calendar and contacts integration

While this is currently not possible, can you please tell us how organisations like us should work with contacts, according to Polycom?

I mean, if we can't sync contacts from Outlook, then what's Polycom's solution/idea? Where are your customers contacts usually stored?

Most of our customers have all contacts in Outlook, or synchronised with their ERP system. I've never seen an organisation that stores all contacts inside Active Directory, that's for sure.

HP Recommended

Hello MpDay,

the spec sheet does not specify what kind of contacts and as explained already the only currently integrated support is via LDAP and has always been for our known SoundPoint and SoundStation IP range.

Please work with your Polycom reseller as above suggested.

The LYNC dedicated CX phones are running a Windows CE software which can easily integrate into a existing Microsoft environment and can therefore not be compared to any of our known Deskphone range.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.