Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

In the firmware bundle for VVX, there is a sample provisioning file called "lync.cfg". In that file is a feature parameter that is not documented in recent versions of the administrator guide - feature.certRenewBackOff.enabled="1".

Is this still required in version 5.3.0+ ?

I have always added it to our config files when deploying to customers and am trying to work out why the vvx common area phones deployed by a collegue are signing out randomly (after hours). Adding that parameter to the file may have fixed it but hard to know without any documentation.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello tristang,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I could not find any documentation on this parameter and have raised a documentation bug internally.

In regards to the phone signing out during out of hours are you by any chance polling configuration changes from a provisioning server?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thankyou for following up.

Yes, we are using a FTP server discovered through DHCP options 160 and 161.

Config attached. Shamelessly based on Greig's config published on his blog.

HP Recommended

Hello Tristan,

this "may" be causing this:

<prov prov.polling.enabled="1" prov.polling.mode="random" prov.polling.period="86400" prov.polling.time="01:00" prov.polling.timeRandomEnd="05:00" />

I remember a colleague mentioning this but in order to verify we would need to see logs.

Please contact your Polycom reseller so we can get the Logs as they can open a ticket for you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. We /are/ a Polycom reseller 🙂

After adding the certrenewbackofff parameter, the common area phones no longer sign out.

I came here mostly for clarification on what that parameter does and to get it added to documentation if it should be.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.