Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have recently decided to try out Polycom phones and have avquired a VVX400 for testing. I have placed it on my network and I cannot get it to

#1. Acquire a DHCP address and

#2. If I put in a fixed IP address it will not communicate with the network, nor can I ping it or get to the web interface.

#3. Time/date out of sync constantly shows on screen

#4. I have tried to ping and trace route from the phone and anything I try fails.

** I am not trying to provision it, I want to set it up manually first via the web interface.

Details:

Network: Meraki MX64 Security Appliance

Cisco SG200-26p switch

Cat5e cables, all fluke certified

All systems on network function correctly

Phone details:

Mac: 00:04:f2:c4:a6:e7

No provisioning server on LAN

SIP through Telnyx

PBX will be via Kerio Operator

I have tried:

- Keeping phone on the default VLAN (1)

- Creating another VLAN 100 for VOICE

- Changing FTP server to 0.0.0.0

- Changing Boot Server to Static

GOAL

#1. I want to be able to get in on the network with a DHCP address if possible

#2. Be able to ping to and from the phone

#3. Be able to login to the web page of the phone to set it up manually.

Thank you for your help, this is very frustrating not being able to get a simple network device connected to the network

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

What is providing DHCP for your other network devices now?

HP Recommended

Hello TheSignalCo

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Did you purchase this phone brand new or is this a used phone?

Our records show that NETXUSA sold this phone back in 12/08/2015 so maybe you purchased a defective used phone?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.