Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello everyone,

The VVX 500 phone with the latest firmware (4.0.2B) seems to set "My status" to "Busy" for each call. It never gets back to "Available" automatically.

I would have liked to know if it was possible :

- to prevent automatic status change

- to disable the "my status" feature completely without disabling the buddy watching feature

The main reason is that we require RFC3903 support for presence publication, but can accomodate with the msnsubstatus presence stuff for buddy watching.

We have introduced a feature request, but is there hope to see it implemented ? How can we get feedback about this ?

(additional and most probably silly question, does the VVX500 support video reception ? the UC Admin guide seems to limit the video.cfg related options to the VVX1500. I would like to know if they could work with the VVX500 too before starting to fight with the provisioning settings...)

Thanks,

Damien

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello Damien,

the Feature request now needs to go via a Polycom Sales Engineer and we can discuss this outside of the community if you reach out to myself.

The VVX500 has currently no video capabilities due not having a camera yet. I cannot comment on future releases of software once a camera would be released.

We currently do not support the RFC3903 to my knowledge.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I already introduced the feature request to JIRA for RFC3903 🙂

However, on the short term, is it possible to disable "my status" without disabling "buddies watching" ?

Is it possible to disable the VVX500 to set "Busy" as "My Status" when being in a call, and not reset to "Available" after the call ?

Thanks !

Damien

HP Recommended

Hello Damien,

I had seen your Feature request but like explained before without working with an Polycom SE to provide more details to the Product Managers to justify the software change not a lot will happen.

As far as I am aware Buddy Watch and Presence go together and there is not way to split the functionality.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have the exact problem on two of our Customers VVX500. After calling or making a call the "My status" is changed to busy and not back to "Available" afterwards. I am running 4.01.13922.

Did you solve the problem? Did you get any help? From who?

Regards, Jan Berggren, Telehundra AB 

HP Recommended

Hello Janne,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please ensure that you are running the latest UCS 4.0.3 Rev B and if you still discover this issue as present raise a support ticket via your Polycom reseller with Polycom Support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Upgraded to 4.0.3.7562 and same problem still. I contact Polycom support, am a reseller...

Regards, Jan Berggren 

HP Recommended

Any joy with this? I too have the same issue on my VVX500 phones.

HP Recommended

Hello Jac,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Same advice as with the 2 other posters.

Please raise a ticket via your Polycom reseller with Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Did you guys found the solution for this issue, i have some customers complaining of the same over an over.

Regards,

Oscar M.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.