Occasional Visitor

VVX600 Admin Password not working

[ Edited ]

I have a VVX600 that I am trying to migrate from 8x8 over to Vonage Business. Phone was purchased new from Amazon, and admin password originally worked with no issue, however it no longer works, and I cannot access anything to migrate to the new Vendor. Factory Reset will not work either using the <removed> as the Password nor the Default which is what was on the phone. Can I hard Reset the phone some how to make this phone usable again or is not now just a peice of junk because the Admin Password is not the default it was set for? please help. 

Thank you

Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX600 Admin Password not working

Hello mlm081375,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We do not disclose within this official Polycom community how to reset the Phones if the Admin Password is lost.

Many of our partners utilize these phones and offer services so we cannot publicly disclose the procedure to do so.

If your phone is still able to connect to the Provisioning server please reset the password via the Device Parameters documented in the Admin Guide or here

The above is also stated in the Read First: Welcome to the Polycom VoIP Forum

If this is not possible please contact your Polycom reseller or the person you purchased the phone from.

We will remove any post replying to this that will publicly explain how to remove the password.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Re: VVX600 Admin Password not working

Thank you very much for the response, I cannot get into the admin section of the website, nor can I get into the admin portion of the phone to reset the password as you documented, since I do not know what the admin username and password is. So basically I need to get the admin guide for the phone, and the use the config file to reflash the password so that it is reset to default? is this correct. Or how do I contact polycom support?