02-16-2017 08:22 AM
Since upgrading to 5.5.1 (A) on our VVX phones, is has been observed that the clock/status display in the top right corner of the screen alternates between displaying the day, eg "Thursday" and the date, eg "February 16" every 2 seconds or so.
This is reported to be visually annoying. Is there a way to disable this? I have looked through the release notes and admin guide but I could not find anything related to this.
I found a similar case from a couple of years ago where the date and status was alternating, ans it seemed the only option to avoid this was to disable the clock.
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-16-2017 09:53 AM
welcome back to the Polycom Community.
I can replicate this on a VVX500 but not on a 600.
What phone models do you see this?
Could you kindly escalate this via your Polycom reseller and quote VESC-7321 as I had opened this internally but without a customer behind this may not get much interested behind it.
Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.
Polycom Global Services
02-16-2017 02:11 PM
I see this on VVX 300s, 301s, 310s, 400s, 401s, 410s, 500s. I cannot confirm the behaviour on the 600 as we have not upgraded one to 5.5.1 yet.
Also, while I have sufficient Polycom certifications for us to be recognised as a reseller and I have access to Knova and the ability to open service requests online, when I attempted to do this, I found it requires being linked to a phone, and my phone is a Not For Resale VVX 301 Polycom sent us so the MAC address doesn't exist in the support system.
I used a different MAC address and have opened Service Request Number 1-5293713611
02-17-2017 02:38 PM
I was provided with the following snippet which when placed in a .cfg file and imported via the phone's web UI, causes the format to change to a shortened format which does not alternate, and just displays eg "Fri, 17 Feb":
It does not work when placed in the phone's provisioned cfg file for some reason however.
02-23-2017 01:51 PM
I resolved the issue with the settings not working from our provisioning server. It was caused by the ironically named "smart quotes" which happened somewhere in the process of copynig and pasting the code supplied to me, which was converting the double quotes characters in the XML to invalid curly quotes. Once the XML was fixed, it worked fine.
I was also provided with the following additional details:
By adding the “lcl.ml.lang.clock.x.format” parameter to the phone will pick up the configuration from provisioning server. Here “x” value depends on the language you select.
For ex: English_Canada, x=4 then parameter will be “lcl.ml.lang.clock.4.format”
02-23-2017 01:54 PM
The complete table is:
|Value of x||Language|
Polycom Global Services