Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

the documentation for the CX300 (http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/voice/cx/communicator_cx300.html#) makes several references to making calls when the computer to which the CX300 is attached is locked.

The implication is that it is possible to configure it such that dial rules can be setup to prevent calls being made on a locked computer (or at least have different rules that apply when the computer is locked - e.g. emergency calls only).

I've searched everywhere and cannot find a way to do this - does anybody know if this is in fact possible and if so would they have any pointers?

I guess this is a Lync/Communications Server configuration issue, but I've never seen any MS documentation that says it is possible - only in the Polycom manuals.

Does anybody have any further info or have any experience of configuring this that they could share?

Many thanks in advance,

John

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.