Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am attempting to provision a remote phone thru a provisioning server.  I was able to get it to work by manually configuring it and was able to transfer the configuration to the provisioning server.  I must have done something to the configuration because the audio on the phone stopped working.  the phone makes/recieves calls, the server sees the phone calls but the is no audio in either direction.  The App Log file loooks like this:

1009210853|sip |5|00|Can not decode the packet
1009210853|sip |5|00|Can not decode the packet
1009210913|sip |5|00|Can not decode the packet
1009210913|sip |5|00|Can not decode the packet
1009210919|clist|4|00|dbCallSet::newCall:dbCallInfo New Index (0)
1009210923|app1 |4|00|Event: Unrecognizable key - appKeyFunc = 327, scan code 0
1009210940|cfg |5|00|Prm|Parameter voIpProt.SIP.allowTransferOnProceeding requested type 2 but is of type 0
1009210941|clist|4|00|dbCallSet::deferredSave:dbCallInfo deferredSave Free Index (0)
1009211013|sip |5|00|Can not decode the packet
1009211013|sip |5|00|Can not decode the packet
1009211033|sip |5|00|Can not decode the packet
1009211033|sip |5|00|Can not decode the packet

Can anyone point me to what is wrong?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello StPaulWebmaster,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

It is also always useful to state the type of call server you are using as most of our phones, depending on the software version and phone model, support SIP and in addition LYNC.

If this is a SIP call then you can utilize this:

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

and

Jul 11, 2014 Question: How can I capture the network traffic of the phone remotely?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

To check if the Phone is receiving or sending any RTP

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have tried several versions of the software.  The communications server is not receiving any RTP traffic.  I am suspecting a router issue but the ports are open, everything is working except the audio

HP Recommended

Hello StPaulWebmaster,

Use the Capture facility of the phone to determine if the phone is sending or receiving audio to troubleshoot further.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I need some assistance here.  

• I am trying to turn on the diags.pcap parameters (in included the <capture diags.pcap.enabled="1" diags.pcap.remote.enabled="1"/> line in the site.cfg file, is that correct?
  • How do I know if the tool is operationg?
  • I am using WireShark on a Mac (OS X) but I don't know how to set up the remote interface, I cannot find any directions in setting it up using pipes as OS X doesn't have the remote interface dialog box, are there specific instructions available?
HP Recommended

Hello StPaulWebmaster,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jul 11, 2014 Question: How can I capture the network traffic of the phone remotely?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above has the file attached which simply needs to be unzipped and then imported via the Phone Web Interface.

I am not familiar with the MAC OS and you may want to reach out to some Wireshark community.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.