Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

When I call from the polycom phone to my cell phone i can hear my cell phone ring when i answer my cell phone i cannot hear myself/voice on the polycom phone handset.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello gerrie,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

In addition it is also useful to explain a bit more details around this issue:

• Has this always been the case or did this only start ?

• Can you call other numbers and hear two way Audio?

• Have you contacted whoever set up your phone or Service yet?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for getting back to me and how i should post.  I will definitely start troubleshooting immediately.  

Thanks again,

Sincerely,

HP Recommended

Let me re-phrase my question a little.  

When I call from the polycom phone to my cell phone i can hear my cell phone ring. When i answer my cell phone i cannot hear myself/voice on the polycom phone handset.  These phones were purchase off of ebay with an earlier version.  I updated them because i read somewhere that when you do a factory reset you should do updates for the phone.  So i went to the Polycom Web Configuration Utility and updated from (i forgot the previous version) to the version listed below. 

As far as two way audio, i donot  know what you mean by this. Unfortunately, I am the person who set up the phone (New IT Consultant)  I walk into this job title blind folded.  My supervisor can not afford to pay someone with experience to do this.  So i am doing the best i can.  Can you help me please.

Thanks,

Sincerely,

Gerrie

Label:  SIP

Version:  4.0.5.423

P/N:  3150-11530-405

Model:  SoundPoint IP 335

Assembly:  2345-12375-001 Rev:A

S/N:  0004f2366006

DHCP:  Enable

BootBlock:  3.0.2.0024(12375-001)

Updater:  5.0.5.2324

HP Recommended

Hello gerrie,

you should be running UCS 4.0.7 as this is the latest Supported software if you are using SIP.

Can you ring any other numbers and hear the other person and they can hear you ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for responding back.

Here's what happen after downloading  4.0.7.2514 from Polycom Web Configuration Utility. (am i suppose to download UCS 4.0.7 from this website polycom?)  a message appeared Could not download 0004f236600b.cfg Running "unknown"  Welcome S/N: 00:04:F2:36:60:0B Rev: 4.0.7.2514.

When i dial from a polycom phone to another polycom phone (extension) i can hear my voice on the handset.

When i dial from the polycom phone to my cell phone, i cannot hear my voice on the polycom handset.

HP Recommended

Hello gerrie,

the SPIP335 0004F236600B was purchased via NextUSA 27/05/2011, the other SPIP 335 0004F2366006 was purchased via the same reseller back in 25/05/2011.

They are both well out of warranty.

if you can call internally, aka not knowing anything about your infrastructure, it could be a port or firewall issue.

Please work with whoever provides your SIP service or attempt to get service via NextUSA and pay a support fee.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.