Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hey everybody,

New to Polycom SoundPoint IP phones.  So far, love 'em.  But I just recently ran into a frustrating issue I have not been able to solve.

When configuring either custom ring type classes or changing pre-defined ones, I have found that my phones (I've tried it on a 335 and a 450 so far) accept all of my config parameters EXCEPT for one that it always rejects: the ring gain level (se.rt.x.level).

Example code:

<polycomConfig xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="polycomConfig.xsd">
  <se>
    <se.rt>
      <se.rt.custom1 se.rt.custom1.name="Test" se.rt.custom1.ringer="ringer2" se.rt.custom1.level="500" />            
    </se.rt>
  </se>
</polycomConfig>

In the above, se.rt.custom1.name and se.rt.custom1.ringer are accepted by the phone firmware, but se.rt.custom1.level causes Menu -> Status -> Platform -> Configuration to show "Errors Found: 1".  Removing it removes the error.  Furthermore, the UC Administrator's guide documents that all se.rt.x.* options should cause the phone to reboot.  I can confirm that if I change either name or ringer (or anything else I try), the phone reboots when I tell it to fetch the updated config, but if I only change/add/delete the level option, the phone does not reboot.  So it is obviously ignoring it.

It does not matter what value I assign to level, even if I use the documented default of "0".

Is the documentation wrong, and the parameter name is something else?  Both the UC 3.3.0 and UC 4.0.0 Administrator's Guide show the same thing.  Is it a bug in UC 4.0.2B?  Am I missing something else that needs to be set before I can manipulate the ring gain level?

Please help me before I tear all of my hair out...

Thanks,

-- Nathan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Nathan,

I have discussed this internally and this Parameter is not valid and the documentation will be updated.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Nathan,

looking at this is either a documentation bug or a issue in the Firmware.

I could not find any information that the se.rt.<ringClass>.level has been removed but would recommend to contact your Polycom reseller so this can be brought to the attention of the Polycom Support Team.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Nathan,

I have discussed this internally and this Parameter is not valid and the documentation will be updated.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.