Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Can you share your experience with ANC in Focus B825? I have bought it som days ago, and in my opinion there is almost no ANC. Maybe it cuts off some part of "permanent" noise like fan or air-condition, but just very little, not talking about "irregular" noises like people talking nearby. 

Unfortunately I realised than in reviews which I was checking before, people were talking about "very good ANC" but what they meant was noise reduction of mic.
I just would like to know - if ANC in this model is so poor, or my unit is somehow defective?

(And I want to stress, that I do not expect reduction to zero.. I know that even bose or sony wh1000 does not do, but in focus reduction is like from 100% noise to 99,9% - almost none)
Firmware does not matter - neither 160 nor after upgrade to 711 is working

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Slimcube,

Welcome to Poly Community.

Voyager Focus UC (now also called as VF1) has an ANC switch so ensure you have switched it On and headset is paired via the BT600 USB adpater and not directly paired with internal Bluetooth radio of your computer. To see usage recommendation of BT600 click here. However, this headset model has only option to turn ANC on or off via switch and unlike newer models it does not have multiple levels of ANC i.e. "Office" or "Nosier Environments"  etc. like Voyager 8200 UC or newer Voyager Focus 2 (VF2).  But Poly Headset ANC normally responds well to low-frequency (80 to 700 Hz) background noise. If the issues are still faced with "ANC On" for the sounds occurring in the above stated threshold then you may have a defective headset. But this needs to be investigated and suggest you to log a ticket for this.

Troubleshooting or providing support via the community is outside the scope for myself as a Poly employee.

Please raise a ticket with Poly Technical Support.

You may need to provide the following:

• Provide HUB/Lens verbose logs (if issue is easily reproducible or requested) & its version in use
• call or audio recordings available if any to support this?

• Serial number or firmware version of headset/speaker/USB dongle when issue is noticed.

• Issue faced with mobile calls too or noticed on another PC also?

• PC Operating System in use.

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply, or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer. Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.