Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a Focus 2 headset (Microsoft Teams edition) with BT700 bluetooth adapter on a Windows laptop. The audio from the BT700 keeps reverting to mono (like when on a Teams call). The light on the BT700 is solid blue when the audio quality drops and outputs mono, and the light blinks purple when outputting HD audio in stereo.

The only way I have found to force the BT700 to output HD stereo audio is to do the following while audio is playing on the laptop: Open "Sound Settings" then click on "Manage Sound Devices". After doing that, the headset plays HD audio in stereo, but if the audio stops playing for 10 seconds or more, then the BT700 reverts to low quality mono again.

Anyone else having this issue?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Same problem, and thanks for the workaround.

This does not happen on my desktop, only on my laptop.

HP Recommended

Hello @dcase008,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

The sound options you are mentioning could not be located by me on my Windows computer. Also few details are missing from your question.

Usually, we ask for this:

Both the communities Must Read First and the FAQ reference the basic minimum information a new or follow up post should contain.

This ensures the questions having to be asked are limited and any new or follow up post contains the right amount of details to ensure any voluntary participant within the community does not spend additional time chasing basic information.

As a reminder the basic information asked for:

• Provide the exact firmware Version of your wired or wireless Headset/Speaker/USB dongle/personal camera or video bar
      • Provide the UC application or softphone Platform version in use
      • Exact Windows version or MAC OS in use
      • If possible provide the Product ID or PID of the device.
      • Video of the issue
      • Provide details for example if the issue is a day 1 issue or only happened after an upgrade or any other relevant details
      • For questions around Support please check here

Whilst providing some of these details may not directly impact any possible answer the community can provide, it does enable Poly to have an overview of the current software used. In addition, providing all details at the same time allow us to look up potential support partners if an issue needs to come into support.

Within this official Poly hosted and moderated Community we cannot support any post's about repairing Poly equipment as this may place users in danger.

Posting a serial will enable us to look up the history of a device and point out potential partners who can help you RMA the unit.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Regards,

Bhupender

HP Recommended

Hi,

Same problem here.
Your workaround works but the problem keep coming back as the sound stop for a few seconds, as you.
The BT700 keep on blue or red (depending of the mic position) but is not switching to purple when i'm not in a call, the sound quality is very bad.

Extra informations for the support team :

Provide the exact firmware Version of your wired or wireless Headset/Speaker/USB dongle/personal camera or video bar :

Headset
Software
SetId: Version 0.0.610.3240
USB: Version 610
Serial : S/N26YDGC
PID : 0x0154

USB Adapter
Serial : S/NFA0PFF
PID : 0x02E6
Software
Headset: Version 610
SetId: Version 0.0.315.2299
USB: Version 315

Provide the UC application or softphone Platform version in use : Poly Lens 1.1.11

Exact Windows version or MAC OS in use : Windows 10 PRO, 21H2, Build 19044.1415

Provide details for example if the issue is a day 1 issue or only happened after an upgrade or any other relevant details :
It is a day 1 issue, as soon as i have received my voyager focus uc 2 (microsoft teams edition) the 02/02/2022, i have done firmware updates of the voyager 2 and bt700 through Poly lens.
When idle (no sound and no call on the computer), if i move the mic, the voyager switch in mute/unmute mode, as if i was in a conversation with mic enabled.

HP Recommended

Dcase008,

Could you look if this workaround applies to you ?

https://www.poly.com/ca/fr/support/knowledge-base/kb-article-page?lang=en_US&urlName=Customer-issue-...

I was in this case and now everything back to normal 🙂 !

HP Recommended

My first BT700 did work without problems but the headset had a low microphone sound level. The replacement headphone was better but the BT700 (BT700C) caused every program to freeze.

To disable Intel Smart Sound was the first hint that did solve that.  Only strange that the first BT700 did not have that problem. What could be the difference?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.