Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

We've just bought couple of Poly Savi 8220 units and have them connected. The unit works well with PC and Cisco IP phone. However not able to pair the unit to the mobile phone. I've tried holding down the bluetooth pairing button but the the flashing light does not come on( see the attachment).

I've tried unplugging the unit from the handset and PC as well as several restarts without luck.

Could anyone please help troubleshoot the issue?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thank you for your input.

I had tried the below steps a few times without success. After a brief telephone to the support centre, a helpful representative (Gyan) helped solve the issue for me. 

The factory blutooth setting was set to 'off', which could be turned back on by installation of  the PLT software . Turned out that there a firmware update also available. After the update and turning blutooth on, the base unit easily went into pairing mode and connected to my mobile phone.

Problem solved.

Thank you

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @polyuser1 

you should be able to pair the Savi if it is the office version but not the UC version.

• the Bluetooth icon is a button too
  • press and hold till blue/red flashing
  • via Hub > Settings > Wireless > Bluetooth, check also if it on
    it should per default be on
  • should take like 4-5 seconds to enable pairing mode when you press the Bluetooth button down

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thank you for your input.

I had tried the below steps a few times without success. After a brief telephone to the support centre, a helpful representative (Gyan) helped solve the issue for me. 

The factory blutooth setting was set to 'off', which could be turned back on by installation of  the PLT software . Turned out that there a firmware update also available. After the update and turning blutooth on, the base unit easily went into pairing mode and connected to my mobile phone.

Problem solved.

Thank you

HP Recommended

I have the same issue.

You said "The factory blutooth setting was set to 'off', which could be turned back on by installation of  the PLT software "

I am not clear on how you enabled bluetooth. Where did you install the PLT software to fix the bluetooth?  My PC already has the software which was recently installed when I got a new PC. The software is set up for bluetooth. What else is needed? It is still not working and just a steady red light comes up when I try to set up the bluetooth.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.