Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello, why Poly discontinued the Voyager 3200 Series? It is a very good design product and it is totally different from 5200 Series. 5200 is too large for many customers and it is very inconvenience for us to put it into our Jeans or trousers. Hope Poly can re-consider to launch the new versions of 3200 series. I am an electronic dealer in Asia, many customers (about 4,000 customers) request us to provide new version of Voyager 3200 Series.

I emphasis again, Voyager 5200 should NOT be a replacement of Voyager 3200.

During the COVID-19 pandemic, all people wear masks and many customers also wear glasses, many customers tell us Voyager 3200 style is more suitable for them during the COVID-19 pandemic. Voyager 3200 is an excellent product from Plantronics era, and customers missed them.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @rocvincent ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community

As Poly is a US-based company we are unable to comment on any potential unreleased products. If a product goes end of life with no replacement may be the demand for it was not enough.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

What a condescending reply to a constructive post by @rocvincent
Nobody asked for any unreleased product, @rocvincent merely gave input for the Voyager 3200 series to be continued. And as for `demand for it was not enough' I don't have the data but I don't think Steffen Baier did refer to the data before shooting off that boilerplate text reply which is strangely obnoxious. 

I share @rocvincent's sentiments, the 5200 is NOT a replacement for the 3200. The 3200 excels in every way and is a very convenient form factor, compared to the fiddly 5200 which has a rubber stem which breaks all the time, impossible to put into the jeans pocket and expect it to survive, and hard to put on. The performance of the 3200 was comparable to the 5200. The 3200 won awards all over. 

I didn't care for Poly when they took over Plantronics, except that they axed Plantronics' best product. 

HP Recommended

Hello @mtanner ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Nobody "works" in the Poly community. We are all volunteers and some of us may also be Poly employees. No answer to a query given is an official Poly answer.

Feedback provided here is not automatically offered to any Poly stakeholder.

Plantronics purchased Polycom and Poly is the new company formed by the merger.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Agreed 110%.  I'm still using a Voyager Edge.  I have bought two more off eBay in recent years, but more recently, there are none available.  I saw one listed for over $500.
So I've been searching for a suitable replacement:
Requirements:

• small enough to fit in a shirt pocket, and be protected from damage, preferably in a charging case, and stay there:   the rubberized Edge case keeps it from falling out.
  • can be extracted from pocket, charging case, and donned quickly enough to answer a call using the headset.
  • in ear gel.  Nothing over the ear.
  • excellent ANC, and call quality for both parties:  Probably requires it has a boom mic.
  • on headset volume and mute buttons.

This is for phone calls (not music, I have other great buds for music).
I am mobile, rarely at my desk.  Since I hate taking calls directly on my phone audio, the headset is with me always, and must fit conveniently in the pocket of a button-down shirt, cargo-shorts, vest, or jacket.
I'm beginning to fear that many skilled engineers, innovators, and knowledge left with the Plantronics name.  There is MOST Certainly a market for a great mono headset that is very portable.  I'm still shopping.  If anybody has found a suitable replacement, please let us know where.  Thanks.

p.s.  over a year ago, I did communicate same directly to Poly.  I got no response.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.