Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, just wondering how the CMA detects AD servers?  Currently we set the discovery value to auto, but i notice it jumps through different servers, going from Australia to Holland...  I opened some firewall rules, and entered a local domain server.  This was accepted, but i noticed CMA desktop clients could not connect, even after exiting and logging back in.  So i reset the value.  Any idea?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

When set to Auto, the CMA will try to find the closest Global Catalog server based on the AD site topology. The AD site topology is also referenced in your DNS namespace. A quck packet capture from the CMA willshow this behavior.

In your case, I would try to reset the computer account password as this account is used to authenicate CMAD users (bottom portion of the CMA LDAP page). Once the computer account has been reset, then try entering the LDAP server again. If you pick a different AD server than what you used to reset the computer account, you must force replication or wait 10-15 minutes to make sure replication has completed.

S.

HP Recommended

Hi, the only problem with picking only one AD server is that it's a single point of failure.  I opened our firewall to allow local AD servers, but still i get timeouts...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.