Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

G'day all,

I am trying to control an RMX 1500 via third party control.

I am having a problem with the address book, it seems that it is encrypted.

When I request the following URL from the RMX..

/EMACfg/EMA.DataObjects.OfflineTemplates.AddressbookContentStructured_.xml

I receive an XML file but it appears to be encrypted as it is full of unitelligble data.

When I connect to the RMX with the Manager software I can see the address book fine.

Does anybody know if it is infact encrypted?

If so what method of encryption does it use? I can't find this in the API anywhere?

Cheers

Matthew

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Or, alternatively, does anybody know of another way to access the address book?

HP Recommended

Is it encrypted or is it in Zip format.   Many of the RMX commands will return in zip format because of the massive amount of data being returned.

You could connect to an endpoint that is talking with your GAB and pull the directory from there...

Just ideas..

Gary M

HP Recommended

Tell me please. Did you get access to the book?
And if so, how?
At the moment I have the same problem. I am writing a third-party application in C # and I cannot get a book 😞

HP Recommended

Sorry, never got to the bottom of it.
I ended up not needing to work it out.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer. So we will continue to look.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.