Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Whenever I open the RMX web console in Internet Explorer 8, I get the error as "Browser Environment error. Please reopen the browser". Even after reopening a new browser, deleting all cookies I am unable to login my RMX web console. The error still exist. Please help.

Regards,

Anant Y

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Getting closer,

Your screenshots are a bit strange. The next step I usually do when I see this issue is to run IE as Admin option. Go to your Start button, All Programs, find Internet Explorer, right click on it and select Run as Administrator. Then browse like normal to the RMX web GUI.

One word of caution, do not use the Internet Explorer for 64 bit which is not supported.

You can download the latest RMX manager and do the same as above to get installed.

S.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

Hello anat,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

This is most likely caused by your browsers Internet option settings.

Go to Tools => Internet Options => Security and add the IP address of the RMX to the Trusted Sites.

Close the browser afterwards and then re-open and get back to the RMX and it will install some files.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

what you can do as well is install the RMX manager on your machine. when you browse via the web you should see the install link in the top right hand corner. "Install RMX Manager"

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thank you very much for the reply.

I have added the IP address to the trusted sites. But still the problem exist.

Please advice.

Regards,

Anant

HP Recommended
Hi,

I assume you are accessing the rmx via IP address using internet explorer. I would download and view the rmx release notes which describes a process to remove the EMEA files which are typically installed when you view the wen portal of the rmx.

S.
HP Recommended

Hi Simons,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I am accessing RMX IP address via Internet explorer. I downloaded the release notes for ver 7.6 and followed the steps given. It solved the problem for Internet Explorer 8. But for internet explorer 9 the problem still exist. We are upgrading our all machines to IE 9 and therefore would appreciate if you could help in solving the problem for IE9.

After following all the relevant steps I get an error shown in RMX_Login_IE.jpg attached.

When I try to install the RMX manager then I get the error shown in the RMX_Manager_login.jpg attached.

Please advise...

Regards,

Anant Y

HP Recommended

Getting closer,

Your screenshots are a bit strange. The next step I usually do when I see this issue is to run IE as Admin option. Go to your Start button, All Programs, find Internet Explorer, right click on it and select Run as Administrator. Then browse like normal to the RMX web GUI.

One word of caution, do not use the Internet Explorer for 64 bit which is not supported.

You can download the latest RMX manager and do the same as above to get installed.

S.

HP Recommended

Hi Simons,

Thank you very much for your valuable replies. I got rid of the error and am able to login RMX through IE9.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Anant Y

HP Recommended

I am running Windows 7 and IE 8... I am experiencing a similar error to Anant Y.  When I try to log into an RMX 2000, I get the same  "Browser Environment error. Please reopen the browser".  I have followed you intructions for setting the RMX as a Trusted Site.And I have changed to the non-64 bit version of IE8.  But I am still getting this message.  Is there something it doesn't like about Windows 7?  Or is there something else I should do?

I am also using a wireless interface to my laptop from which I am trying to connect to the RMX 2000.

Thanks for your help (I hope)... Steve2012

HP Recommended

Steve,

Look up a few posts about running IE using the Admin role. This will hopefully resolve your issue.

S.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.