Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hola a todos.

Tengo un problema, agradeceré que puedan ayudarme.

Equipos que participan:

• CMA Server 5000.
  •            Software version 5.5.0
  • VBP 5300E.
  •            Software verison Version 11.2.17 
  • 2 or more Endpoints (Lan y WAN del VBP)

Escenario:

• Existen 2 redes separadas por el VBP. 192.168.x.x y 10.0.x.x
  • El CMA está en la red LAN, dirección IP 192.168.214.7.
  • La interfaz LAN del VBP tiene IP 192.168.214.3. Tiene conectividad con el CMA.
  • Hay un terminal en LAN con IP 192.168.214.156
  • La interfaz WAN del VBP tiene la dirección IP 10.0.5.3
  • hay un terminal en WAN con IP 10.0.5.249. Tiene conectividad con el VBP.

Detalle de la configuración:

• Se creó un neighbor gatekeeper "Caman" en el CMA con dirección IP 192.168.214.3
  • Se creó un Site "VBP-Caman" con la subred 192.168.214.3/32
  • Se creó un sitelink entre la nube principal y el nuevo Site.
  • Se creó un dial rule con ID 5635 que rutea hacia el neighbor gatekeeper Caman.
  • El VBP se configuró como GK on LAN apuntando a la dirección IP 192.168.214.7.

Problema:

Al realizar una llamada desde el equipo en LAN marcando 5635#10.0.5.249, el CMA no arroja un error " **Error**: ARJ sent. Cannot resolve address. The reason is Location Not Found. Sending ARJ". Siendo que el VBP y el CMA si tienen conectividad entre ellos.

intentando resolverlo he hecho lo siguiente:

• Hago ping desde el VBP hacia el CMA.
  • Marco nuevamente 5635#10.0.5.249. Esta vez el CMA sí encuentra el Location. Pero ahora es el VBP quién no encuentra al destino.
  • Hago ping desde el VBP al terminal 10.0.5.249.
  • Marco nuevamente. Por alguna razón falla, aunque el CMA no muestra error y el vbp no muestra nada.
  • Borro los logs del CMA y del VBP.
  • Marco nuevamente. La llamada es conectada correctamente.

El comportamiento no es muy claro de los equipos. ¿Saben ustedes si existe algún problema conocido entre el CMA5000 versión 5.5.0 y el VBP-E versión11.2.17?

Unos minutos después que la llamada es cortada, no puedo marcar otra vez, debiendo hacer todo el proceso de ping y borrado de log.

Adjunto el log del CMA.

Gracias por darse el tiempo de leer.

English version

Hello everyone.
I have a problem, I would appreciate you can help.
Equipment participating:
CMA Server 5000.
     Software version 5.5.0
VBP 5300E.
     Software Version 11.2.17 verison
2 or more Endpoints (LAN and WAN of VBP)

Scenario:

There are 2 separate networks by VBP. 192.168.x.x and 10.0.x.x.
The CMA is in the LAN network with IP address 192.168.214.7.
The LAN interface has IP 192.168.214.3 VBP. Has connectivity to the CMA.
There is a terminal in LAN with IP 192.168.214.156
The VBP WAN interface has the IP address 10.0.5.3
there is a terminal in WAN with IP 10.0.5.249. Has connectivity to the VBP.

Architecture detail:
• A neighbor gatekeeper "Caman" was created in the CMA with IP address 192.168.214.3
• A Site "VBP-Caman" was created with the 192.168.214.3/32 subnet
• A sitelink between the main cloud and the new Site was created.
• A dial rule with ID 5635 that routes to the neighbor gatekeeper Caman was created.
• The VBP was configured as GK on LAN pointing to the IP address 192.168.214.7.

issue:

When making a call from the endpoint in LAN by dialing 5635#10.0.5.249, the CMA does give an error "** Error **:. ARJ sent Can not resolve address The reason is Location Not Found Sending ARJ..". The VBP and the CMA have connectivity between them.

trying to solve it I have done the following:
• I ping from the VBP to CMA.
Dial 5635#10.0.5.249 again. This time the CMA does find the Location. But now the VBP who does not find the target.
• I ping from VBP to the terminal 10.0.5.249.
Dial again. For some reason fails, although the CMA shows no error and the vbp shows nothing.
Delete logs from CMA and VBP.
Dial again. The call is connected properly.

The behavior is not very clear of equipment. Do you know if there is a known issue between version 5.5.0 and CMA5000 VBP-E versión11.2.17?
A few minutes after the call is cut, I can not dial again, having to do all the ping process and deleting log.
Attached the CMA log.
Thanks for taking time to read.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

your wish still not clear.what you exactly want to make.

You have wrong infra design.you can merge both of your network together with using CMA and it would really easy for you to manage the things.

It souns you have complicated your VC network.Plz do let me know if could help you out with this to improve it

BR

Yash Pal

HP Recommended

Jorge,

The first issue - subnet 192.168.214.3/32 coresponds to mask 255.255.255.255 and contains no one address );0

If you want to have the subnet with a single addres you have to set the subnet like 192.168.214.3/31 (mask 255.255.255.254).

As one can understand you use the VBP embedded GK. Why not to use CMA as GK ?!!

By my mind the simplest way is to use a single site with H.323 routing "via H.323 avare SBC or ALG" and point the Call signaling address to VBP. In this case you could call the external endpoint simply by IP address without any prefix.

Hope this could help.

HP Recommended

This is a good way to use CMA.

Thanks a ton Mike..)

BR

Yash Pal

HP Recommended

Thanks for your answare.

I will try to explain the whole picture:

- I have my own LAN network with 1 CMA, 7 MCUs and several endpoints.

- I have several customers with its own LAN networks, some of them have the same IP segments, as 10.0.0.0/8

- Each customer has several H.323 endpoint

- VBP LAN interface is connected to my network, while WAN interface is connected to the customer network

- I create sites, site links, and Dial Rules to differenciate each customer, and to route the call to the correct endpoint. 

You have wrong infra design.you can merge both of your network together with using CMA and it would really easy for you to manage the things.

- I cannot do this with my infraestructure.

It souns you have complicated your VC network.Plz do let me know if could help you out with this to improve it

- I don't think it can be easier with my requirements.

The problem is that I dial using the dial rule created, but the CMA doens't find the VBP. It just happend with ONE VBP, the only one that has the last software version. Cause of that I asked if you know whether there are a known issue between them.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your answer.

The first issue - subnet 192.168.214.3/32 coresponds to mask 255.255.255.255 and contains no one address );0

If you want to have the subnet with a single addres you have to set the subnet like 192.168.214.3/31 (mask 255.255.255.254).

32Mask enables 1 IP address. 31mask enables 2 IP address.

32bits = 255.255.255.255 = 11111111.11111111.11111111.11111111. This means that all the bits from each octet will be validated by the mask, just one IP will be correct.

As one can understand you use the VBP embedded GK. Why not to use CMA as GK ?!!

No, I said "• The VBP was configured as GK on LAN pointing to the IP address 192.168.214.7.". That means that the VBP is using the CMA as GK.

By my mind the simplest way is to use a single site with H.323 routing "via H.323 avare SBC or ALG" and point the Call signaling address to VBP. In this case you could call the external endpoint simply by IP address without any prefix.

I don't have a sigle VBP, I have more than 50. I must use the dial rule to specify what VBP have to use.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.